Dennis got the doors hung on my pantry and storage closet Saturday. That sure helps the aesthetics a lot! (Plus it cuts down on construction dust settling on everything!) After we finish with the tile, he'll start working on trim. THAT will be very exciting! I can't wait to see what the finished project will look like!
![]() |
| the entryway |
![]() |
| dining room (in progress) |
![]() |
| pantry and storage closet doors (they will be painted white) |
Daddy and Bobbie did well on their trip over the weekend, even though it wore them out! We are currently dealing with the issue of Daddy's driver's license, which isn't going well. That is one hard hurdle to address! He is being required to take a driving test, as well as have a letter from his doctor stating that he is ok to drive. His doctor refused to supply it, so he wants to shop for a new doctor. He will have 30 days to comply with the DPS, or they will revoke his license. We've tried to reason with him that it is just time to give it up, but he isn't ready to believe that. Prayers for all of us are greatly appreciated!
I tell you what, all of this with Daddy has me doing a LOT of thinking about my aging and wanting to make it an easier transition for my kids to deal with. I started writing out my instructions for my final arrangements this morning. (Sheila, you will find them in my personal and confidential folder on my computer.) My main desire is for my kids to do what is best for them, when the time comes. I won't be there, so I really don't care what they do! I have made a few suggestions, though, in case they are interested. 😉 After we finish with all that we are doing on the house and with Daddy's stuff, we really need to find a lawyer and make out a will. We've talked about it for years, but just have never taken the time to do it. I also plan to continue to sort through "stuff" and clean things out as much as I can...so they won't have to later. I know people "my age" don't like to admit that we are getting old, but pushing 60 ain't no spring chicken! I certainly feel the effects of age and realize that my time is limited. God willing, I hope to have another 20 years or so to enjoy watching my grandkids grow up and enjoy time with Dennis in our retirement. Whether I do or not, I really want to be proactive and have things lined up for my kiddos.
We have the estate sale set for May 5 and 6, from 8 to 5. The planners have been working on the house the past couple of Sundays and plan to start fulltime next Monday. It is a BIG job! The house will go on the market on May 8. I'm hoping that we already have several offers to choose from when it does. The realtor will start "advertising" 10 days before open house. We've already had interest shown from a couple of people. I'm hoping we can have the house sold by sometime in June.
I am trying an experiment. I love fresh bean sprouts in Vietnamese food! Sheila suggested I try growing my own. So I am giving it a try! I'm hoping to make pho and fresh spring rolls for supper Friday night, and they SHOULD be ready by then. I hope they turn out good!
Well, that's all for now. I hope things are going well where you are.



No comments:
Post a Comment