The guys have been putting down floor tile for the past
week. It has turned out to be a lot more
work than any of us anticipated! It is
going well…just very time consuming. It
has to cure for a couple of days before walking on it, so the placement has
been very strategical. The dining room
is (as of today) done, as is half of the entryway and most of the kitchen. I expect everything to be laid by the end of
today, except for the laundry room and pantries. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to move all of
my kitchen appliances back in on Wednesday, so I can start cooking again. It will probably be the end of the week
before I can do laundry here again.
Thankfully, we have a laundromat just around the corner. My dryer is still hooked up, so all I’ve had
to do is wash at the laundromat and then bring everything back home to dry.
After all of the tile is laid, we’ll still have to grout it
and seal the grout. It should all be
finished by this weekend. I’ll post
pictures once it is all finished out and looking good. Right now there are still spacers between
tiles and gaps where the grout will go.
I’m really happy with how it is looking though!
Bobbie’s surgery went well last week, and she hasn’t had
much pain since the day after surgery.
The doctor said her bones are very soft, so we are hoping that it holds
this time. Rather than using screws, he
just wired it all together really well.
We have tried to emphasize to both her and Daddy that they really need
to be careful, so she doesn’t fall anymore.
She is too fragile to take chances!
The girls had an estate sale at Spur over the weekend. Toni said they didn’t sell anywhere near all
they wanted, but they still did well.
Our estate sale planner has already started working at the Saginaw
house. It is so nice to see things
moving along!
The folks will be gone for 5 days this coming weekend. Toni and Kathy are driving them to Abilene
for the Young family reunion. They are
really looking forward to it!
Afterwards, they’ll drive them up to Spur for a couple of days. It has been about 4 months since the folks
have been to Spur! That is the longest
they have EVER gone!
Everything else seems to be going along pretty
smoothly. It is great to finally have
things start to settle into a “normal” routine.
I’ve gotten to where I make a couple of trips to Weatherford a week and
have most of Daddy’s business taken care of…or in the process of being taken
care of. (I still have some medical records that I need to access in order to
file a claim on Daddy’s cancer policy. I’ll
have to make a trip over to NRH to get that taken care of.) The folks come to Highway on Sunday mornings
and eat lunch with us. Yesterday the
house was too treacherous for them to come over, so we took them out for
catfish. Then they went to visit my Aunt
Coez. They go to Eastside for the
afternoon services.
I’m thankful that my CASA cases have been pretty quiet
lately! I finally got the final orders
for one of my cases (that I’ve been on for 2 years). So all we have left to do is have the final
hearing for them to be ok’d by the judge.
That will just leave me with one case.
I won’t be taking on any more until after Josiah comes home and we get
him settled (and get used to OUR new routine with him). Still haven’t heard anything on that
front. Hoping and praying for Sheila to
hear something SOON!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment