Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A lot of doctor appointments!

It is nice to have a day to catch up around the house! I didn't have to leave the house today, except to go grocery shopping.

Last week was on "off" week for doctor visits. I went to the doctor on Monday for my crud, and then went for my annual mammogram on Thursday (which was normal...yay!).  This week has made up for it though. I took Ricky to the doctor Monday morning.  We got back just before lunch. About the time I got home, I got a call on my CASA case. A situation had arisen that I needed to deal with, which took the rest of the day.  I left the house about 1:00 and didn't get back until 9:30. That made for a long day! Then yesterday, I had my yearly checkup and bloodwork done. Then in the afternoon, I took Daddy to the pain management doctor. He is scheduled to go in Monday for injections in his back to try to block the pain. If it works, they will go back and cauterize the nerves for a more permanent solution. I hope it helps him. I hate to see him in pain all the time, but I also don't like him having to take pain meds every day.

Tomorrow we go back to his dermatologist/plastic surgeon to see about his nose and when they will want to do the Mohs surgery. He also has to get some bloodwork done. His blood sugar has been running pretty high lately and he has also had a lot of swelling in his legs. He saw his primary care doctor Monday morning. I had hoped to take him for that visit, but it was the same time that I needed to take Ricky to his appointment. The doctor has him coming in once a month until he can get everything regulated, so I will make sure I'm available for next month's visit!

A brother at the Eastside congregation, Lanelton Holloway, passed away last Wednesday, and his son asked Dennis to conduct the funeral on Saturday. That pretty much filled up Dennis' schedule for the latter part of the week. He also came down with my crud, so he wasn't feeling well at all. Thankfully, he didn't lose his voice like I did! I do believe it was one of the hottest funerals (at the cemetery) I've ever been to. However, the family wanted it "short and sweet", so we didn't have to stand out in the heat for very long. Believe it or not, Dennis was actually able to keep his remarks short! He really did a good jog...especially for not having the known the man well at all.

Dennis is still feeling pretty rough this week. I'm pretty much over it now...just dealing with drainage and a little coughing. I feel fine though. It was a full 2 weeks of feeling rotten before getting to this point! So Dennis probably has another week or so to go.

This Sunday is our monthly guest speaker and potluck and singing. Buddy C, from Nacogdoches, will be our speaker. Looking forward to seeing his sweet family again. I think they've had a couple of babies since the last time we saw them.

I've been sitting on pins and needles all day, waiting to hear about Chris and Karley's baby! I feel for Karley that she had to go over her due date by over a week. But it will all have been worth it when she gets that sweet baby in her arms! Can't wait to see pictures. The baby is bound to be adorable with such cuties for parents!

Stay out of the heat and have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment