Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A great start to our week!


What a wonderful Lord’s Day we had this week! It was our monthly guest speaker/potluck/singing Sunday, and Teddy L. was our speaker. All of the Joiners came over to hear him, too. Plus Sheila had Cara, Heather and Allison down for the weekend, and they all came over for the day. So we had a full house Sunday morning! Teddy did a great job, as always. I love listening to him! He has such a sweet, gentle nature and speaks from his heart. The Fields opened up their home for the potluck, even though Heather wasn’t feeling good at all. She tried coming to the morning service, but Maddi had to take her home before we got going good. They still wanted everyone to come over, and Layne and the kids did a great job of hosting. We all enjoyed the good food and fellowship. Nam and Asher had a blast playing outside together!

Jeremy and Kylie’s family showed up for our second assembly. They were headed home from a weekend with the Moores. It was great to see their sweet family! Eli and Nam hit it off quite well. I look forward to seeing them play together again at the Salem meeting over Memorial Day weekend!

Daddy wasn’t feeling very well yesterday. He has come down with a bad cold or something. He is coughing and very congested. He did lead a song yesterday morning, but I could tell it was hard for him to get through it. Then as he was headed back to his seat, he tripped on a chair and almost fell. I was halfway out of my seat, ready to try to catch him, as was Phillip J. Thankfully, he caught himself before going down! There were several of us who almost had a heart attack watching him! I took him to the doctor today to make sure it wasn’t getting down in his lungs, and they are clear. The doctor said it was a cold and allergies. He is feeling quite a bit better today.

Tonette picked Daddy up this Monday morning and carried him to Arlington to visit Bobbie. I went over there after lunch to pick him up. He really didn’t need to be there, as sick as he was, but I knew he wouldn’t change his mind about going. Dennis took him over Saturday for a few hours, since I had some cooking to do for the potluck. She was feeling much better yesterday and is being discharged from the hospital sometime this afternoon. They will be moving her to rehab in Weatherford. That will make things so much easier on everyone!

Sheila got her tax refund (with her adoption credit) last week and spent it on a new (for her) car…a 2014 RAV4. I am SO thankful that she has finally gotten a better vehicle! Her Honda was a good car, but it was getting very old and starting to have quite a few maintenance issues. This vehicle is also roomier for carrying around the stuff she needs for Nam. Kids definitely take a lot more space! I hope this car lasts her as long as her Honda did. She kept it for eight years!

I am officially on sabbatical from my CASA work. After a year and a half, the case that I was still active on finally ended. I had hoped to be off of it before we went to Vietnam, but that didn’t happen! It was one of those cases that had us concerned the whole time about what was in the best interest of the child. I can only hope and pray that we all made the right decision, and the child does well with her grandmother as her permanent caregiver. I plan to take off the rest of the year to focus on taking care of Nam and my dad. As Nam starts pre-k in the fall, my time should ease up some. Of course, we never know what to expect with Daddy and Bobbie. Right now, I just feel like I need a bit of a break. Tending to my family and dealing with all of their concerns pretty much takes all of my energy, physically and emotionally. I’m sure that after a few months, I’ll be ready to jump back into the fray.

Ricky has his appointment with the GI doctor this afternoon. I know they will still have to schedule a colonoscopy, so it will be awhile, yet, before we know anything. He has been feeling better, but is still having problems. At least he has started gaining some weight back…about 10 of the 30 pounds that he had lost.

Looking forward to this weekend! Stephen’s family is coming Friday to spend the night. This will be the first time we’ve had all three grandsons in our home at the same time. Things will be quite lively, I’m sure! Nam is very excited to have his cousins coming for a visit. I hope the weather is pretty, so that we can get out and do something.

I hope you all have a great weekend with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment