Well, things didn’t exactly turn out as expected on Sunday. I
picked the folks up and took them to Highway that morning, and I thought
everything was going well. As soon as we got in the car, Bobbie said she needed
to go home right after lunch…her restless legs were bothering her. So we ate as
soon as I could get everything on the table, but Bobbie sat in the living room
and said she couldn’t eat. Anita helped me clear the table and put up
leftovers, then they left and we loaded up and headed to Brookdale. I guess she
got to feeling better, because I didn’t hear back from them or Brookdale. By
this time, I wasn’t feeling too great…stomach issues and totally exhausted…so I
just rested the remainder of the day (other than cleaning up the mess in my
kitchen).
Nam was a little angel when I picked him up Monday morning.
On our way home, we stopped by Brookdale. Daddy had some errands he needed to
run. (Bobbie had to go for her iron infusion, so she didn’t come with us.) We
went to the bank, then to Office Max, and finally to WalMart. Daddy had to show
off Nam to everyone we encountered along the way! Nam would hold PawPaw’s hand
and “help him walk”. At Office Max, he carried PawPaw’s stuff for him. Then he
rode on the electric cart with PawPaw at WalMart. I had been concerned that he
would get tired of all of the stops we had to make, but he really enjoyed
himself! Daddy also gave him a little plush green frog that they had won at
Bingo. Nam loved it! He amazes me at how sweet he is with Daddy and Bobbie. He
understands the importance of caring for our elders…a rare thing among kids nowadays!
The guys got back from their trip right at noon on Monday.
Nam was one excited little guy! He couldn’t get enough of Grandad! That
afternoon, the guys rigged up Dennis’ computer to play a slideshow of their
trip pictures on Ricky’s big screen tv. We all enjoyed looking at the mountains
and snow and ice. Nam really wants to take a trip to the mountains with Grandad
now! We keep telling him that we will try to do that when he gets a little
bigger. Dennis said he kept playing a game yesterday morning, where he went to
the mountains and saw snow, deer, elk, eagles…and elephants. LOL! That kid!
While we were waiting on the guys to arrive Monday morning,
Nam and I saw the neighbors outside playing frizbee with their dog. Nam wanted
to go watch, so we headed over. The dog was as scared of Nam as Nam was of her,
so we had to work with both of them to get them to play together. It was mostly
my neighbor handing the frizbee to Nam, and Nam throwing it back over the
fence. But he and the dog both seemed to enjoy the game!
Yesterday was filled with catching up on laundry from the
trip, plus what I had around here, and buying groceries. I still felt like I
was running on fumes (I guess it is partly the time change bothering me), so I
didn’t do much else other than that. After naptime, Dennis hooked up the boat
and the three guys went out to the lake. They all seemed to enjoy their outing.
It was time to load up and take Nam home as soon as they got back.
Tonette called me yesterday to tell me Bobbie had fallen again. They took her to Urgent Care, where they xrayed her foot/leg and said it looks like it might be broken just above the ankle. She goes to see her orthopedic doctor tomorrow to see what he thinks. They put her in a wheel chair and said not to put any weight on that foot. If it is broken, it may turn out to be a rough ride for a while. She will be needing help to bathe and dress, among other things. It will be interesting to see what Dr. Brock says. Prayers are much appreciated!
Spring allergies are giving all of us fits around here. It
is really turning gorgeous outside, but along with the pretty flowers and new foliage
comes sneezing and stuffy noses and sore throats. My two favorite times of the
year are spring and fall…both bad allergy seasons for me. Oh well, such is
life! I’m looking forward to getting outside more and being more active. Nam
definitely makes outdoor activities more interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment