Monday, September 3, 2018

Happy Labor Day!


Another Labor Day Weekend come and gone. As always, we really enjoyed our time with friends and family. We picked up Daddy and Bobbie Saturday morning and drove to Haslet. There was a nice crowd this year, in spite of the other events of the weekend. We enjoyed tacos for lunch and spaghetti for supper, along with all of the fixin’s and desserts. Bobbie had to take a break that afternoon, but Tonette had a hotel room nearby where she could go to nap. Nam and Sheila showed up after lunch. He was a little overwhelmed (and under-napped), so he wasn’t the happiest camper in the room. But he eventually settled in and enjoyed the games. We left right after supper to get the folks back home to rest up, so we ended up being home by about 9:00.

Sunday morning, we picked them up again and headed back over. We enjoyed a good lesson from Ken on how important it is to have God in our lives. Then we met back for a potluck dinner and more fellowship before going back for the afternoon assembly, where Terry gave an excellent lesson on dealing with our thorns in the flesh…very timely! We headed home pretty quickly after the assembly, so Daddy and Bobbie could be home by suppertime. Nam did much better on Sunday. He was getting more comfortable with the crowd and was more rested. He (and all of the other young’uns) passed out during the afternoon assembly, which made things much easier on all of the young moms!

I also got to hold a week old baby yesterday. I love babies! Jennifer and Stacey had met a new mother while serving at the shelter Saturday evening. She is trying to get her life in order for her new baby. I’m sure the good folks at HC will be there to help her however they can.

I am taking things pretty easy today…just doing a few things around the house. Dennis is mowing before the expected rains set in, and I think he plans to sand the ceiling this afternoon. Ricky is sick, in bed, with a sinus infection. He is going to go to the doctor tomorrow. He has been battling this for weeks, trying to treat it with homeopathic methods, but it has finally gotten the better of him. I think everyone’s allergies/sinuses were giving them trouble this weekend…which is pretty typical for Labor Day weekend. I woke up in the wee hours Friday morning with a sinus headache and was on the verge of one all day yesterday, as was Dennis. I used to always end up sick with a sinus infection after Labor Day. I’m hoping I can avoid it this year.

I’m sure Nam and Sheila are enjoying their bonus day together…especially after such a busy weekend! I hope he does as well on this 2nd week of school as he did last week. I’m hoping for a CALM and easy week. I wish the same for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment