I feel like we got a lot accomplished last week. I finished cleaning up Daddy's car and got it sold. The buyers contacted me within a couple of hours after I posted it and came to look at it that evening. It took a couple of days to work out all of the details, but it is gone now. I think it will be a good car for the family who bought it, and Daddy has a little extra money in his bank account.
Dennis and Ricky got most of the sheetrock hung and taped and floated in the guest room. We still have to piece together the closet and do a little more floating, then we'll be ready to texture. Nam can't wait until we get to the painting...he loves to paint! That will definitely be interesting to watch. Painting to him is artwork...a little brush work and a little finger work. We may have to limit him to the closet. Ha!
As most of you probably know by now, I have joined the "bikers". My 3-wheeler arrived Friday and Dennis spent a good part of the day assembling it. We went out for a test run that evening, and then I took it out for a 3-4 mile ride on Saturday. I'm getting more confident on it (I haven't been on a "bike" in over 40 years). I really think I'm going to like it...once my seat gets used to it's seat. It is great exercise and it doesn't make my ankles/heels hurt like walking does.
Nam and Sheila had a cold last week, and Dennis and I have come down with it now. We both felt pretty rotten yesterday, but woke up with full-blown symptoms this morning. Sheila said Nam is still struggling with his, so we can all feel crummy together. He didn't show a lot of symptoms last week, but he was tired and cranky...and had a bit of a crusty nose. That kid has an amazing immune system!
Daddy and Bobbie went both time to church services yesterday. That is getting to be a rare thing. Bobbie has home health coming to do physical and occupational therapy with her, and it seems to be helping her strength. She was able to get into our car better yesterday morning than I've seen her in some time. Of course, she wore out as the day advanced and had more difficulty. They were able to go out to eat for lunch and really enjoyed it. Kirk T. also went with us. He is in the process of moving to the area and retiring. He plans to be here every weekend until the move is finalized. We are enjoying having him around!
Ricky is working out of town again this week. It is that time of year again at CWC. He is feeling much better after having been on antibiotics for the past couple of weeks for his sinus infection. He did end up with a migraine yesterday, but was able to kick it after some medicine and lying in the dark for a few hours. I'm afraid both our boys inherited the migraine gene from their dad. Dennis has about "outgrown" his. He had been told that the prime age for having migraines was from 30 to 60, which is about what his lasted. Stephen started at a younger age...he was still in his teens. Ricky suffered from visceral (abdominal) migraines as a child, but outgrew them in his teens. They told us at the time that he very well could develop regular (head) migraines as an adult. They started this past year...which was right on schedule. 😞
Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and avoid any unpleasant bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment