The wedding is just two weeks from today! I can't wait to see Sheila walk down the aisle. She will be a beautiful bride, but more importantly, a wonderful wife to Matt and mom to his boys. Nam is excited to move to "his new house". I look forward to seeing them all settle into their new lives.
I found a really good deal on my dress for the wedding. I had it and another one picked out online, but both were more expensive than I wanted to spend. One day I checked on them again, trying to decide what to do, and the one from Bealls was marked half price. So, of course, I ordered it immediately! I checked on it the very next morning, and it was marked back up $40 more. I managed to catch it at just the right time! It came in last week and I got it hemmed today. This morning I went for a haircut, so I'm as ready for wedding pictures as I'm going to be. I hate having my picture taken! I never take a good picture, but what can I expect?! I do look forward to having pictures of everyone else though.
"Rue" has been sick for the past few weeks, so today is the first time in awhile that we've had our Thursday off. I'm glad that she is finally feeling better! And I'm also glad to have the day off. As much as we enjoy having Nam around, we can get so much more done on the days that he isn't here!
Next week is spring break, so I doubt we'll get much accomplished around here during that time. Dennis is working feverishly on the bed, but he was sick with a cold all last week, which cut down on what he got accomplished. This week has been a little crazy, but he is steadily making progress, albeit slowly.
I have to brag a little on Nam. Bobbie had to be taken to the ER yesterday (she is fine...just a little CHF), and Tonette was stuck in FW waiting on a car repair. I got the word just as I was leaving to pick up Nam from school. So I picked him up, gave him a couple of snickerdoodles to hold him over till lunch, then went to get Daddy to take up to the ER to be with Bobbie. Nam was really sweet with "Pawpaw" when we arrived at Brookdale. After we got to the hospital, Daddy went back to be with Bobbie while Nam and I waited in the lobby. Well, we all know how boring ER waiting rooms can be, and it didn't take long for Nam to get tired and cranky (and hungry). After doing all I could to keep him happy, he finally reached about the end of his patience. I carried him outside for a change of scenery, and he told me, "I'm sorry, Granny! I know you want to be here for your dad!" He can really be so thoughtful at times! Thankfully, Tonette arrived about that time, so we could leave and go grab some lunch!
Sunday evening we went to Paris to see Stephen's family. Gracie was already in bed when we arrived, but the boys were allowed to wait up for us, so we got in a short visit with them before bedtime. They showed us around their new house, and we all had a cup of hot tea to warm our bones (that was the night it dipped down into the teens). Then the adults sat up visiting way later than any of us are used to. Monday morning, we had a leisurely breakfast, then the menfolk went to the office to do their thing. I stayed and enjoyed the grandkids! They are all growing so fast! Gracie will be walking any time now. She is saying a few words and eating just about anything (that doesn't require chewing). We went out for Mexican food for lunch, and she enjoyed the guacamole and beans. Then I tried her on a lemon slice, and she loved it! After lunch, we all went our separate ways, and Dennis and I made it home just before suppertime. I'm thankful that our next visit is just a couple of weeks away.
My ankle has been SO much better since my cortisone shot! I only wore the boot 2-3 days before I found that I could do just as well with the brace instead. I go back to my podiatrist tomorrow. I'm interested in seeing what he says. I am finally walking normally and pain free!
That pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks. I'm really looking forward to the next couple!
Enjoy the spring weather while you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment