Dennis loves to sing and hum and whistle...in other words, make music any way he can. You can often catch him doing so...even when eating. Of course, everyone who has been around him knows that he has an amazing bass singing voice. That was one of the first things that attracted me to him. (I've always been a sucker for a good bass!) But whether he is belting out a bass solo or humming a jingle from an old TV commercial, the man truly loves music!
One of the first songs that he taught our children (and me!) when they were little was "Bill Grogan's Goat". (Google it if you are unfamiliar with it!) Of course, Smokey the Bear was always one of his favorites. (For those who didn't know him back in the day, he began his career as a forester.) I think he knew more kid songs than I did! At any time, he might bust out singing one of these songs, or a church hymn, or one of his favorites from Neil Diamond or John Denver...or more.
This morning I was doing dishes and heard Dennis coming down the hall...humming the theme to "The Addams Family"..."da da da dum *snap snap*". I had to hold back a chuckle. You just never know what's going to come out of his mouth next!
I hope this week brings you much joy...and plenty of music!
No comments:
Post a Comment