Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The good, the bad, and the painful!

There has been so much going on lately! Some is mine to tell, some isn't. It has been hard for me to decide to write anything, because so much going on involves others and their privacy. I will see if I can bring you up to date though.

A couple of weeks ago, our drain from the washer started backing up and overflowing again. This time, we knew what to do though. We called the same plumber from four years ago, and he still had his notes on what the problem was and how he fixed it. So he had the clog resolved in short order!

Sheila got completely moved out of her apartment and into her new home with Matt. Nam has adjusted extremely well! He loves his new family!

On the last weekend in March, the Wilhites came down so Zach could speak for us at Highway. They came down on Saturday, so we all got together at The Switch Café in Millsap for supper and then went to Jamie and Renee's for a singing. We really enjoyed the time together and having them all here. (Glenda Y and Connor and Justin D also came.) Zach gave two good lessons on Sunday, and we had our monthly potluck in between. It was a great weekend!

As most of you already know, Nancy passed away last week and her funeral was Saturday. We all knew that it was just a matter of time, but it was still hard to say good-bye. She will be missed so much! My heart breaks for Marlin and the kids!

Sunday was Caleb's birthday, plus he decided to be baptized, so we spent the day at Henrietta Creek for the occasion. He was baptized during the morning assembly. Then the whole group went to eat lunch together. I loved watching him and Nam together! He is such a good big brother! After the evening assembly, we went to Matt and Sheila's to hang out until time for supper. All of the family went out to their favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate his birthday. The food was great, as was the time spent with everyone. I am really enjoying our new (joined) family and looking forward to many more special times together!

Dennis and I are still struggling with our allergies. I have coughed so much that a couple of weeks ago, my ribs subluxated (got moved out of place). I have been going to the chiropractor that Amber works for to try to get some relief. Last week was awful! I finally started getting some relief on Friday, but I absentmindedly carried a heavy box Saturday and aggravated the condition. I had another treatment yesterday and was feeling pretty good until this morning. I was driving and had my left arm (the side that is messed up) on top of the steering wheel when I let loose with a very violent coughing spree. I not only felt my rib pop, but I heard it! So I called to make an appointment for this afternoon. (I was previously scheduled not to go in until tomorrow afternoon.) The doctor expects my treatments to last for 6 weeks, until I get 100% relief. I'm also supposed to start doing some core strengthening exercises as soon as I can do them without pain. Right now, any movement (even breathing) is painful. This is my first experience using a chiropractor. Even though I can tell the treatments are working, I do NOT like them! When I leave her office, I can barely stand to move!

I took Daddy to a doctor's appointment this morning (podiatrist), and I take him to his hearing aid specialist tomorrow morning. He hasn't been having many appointments of late. We are pretty much just doing regular maintenance, so most doctors have him on 3-6 month follow-ups. He is doing ok...just slowly wearing down. Every time I pick him up, it seems to wear him out a little more to walk the short distance to the car. Tonette came over to take him and Bobbie to Highway to church Sunday morning. Trying to keep them out all day is just getting to be too much for both of them.

I think we will have a quiet weekend this week...first time in a while! I, for one, am looking forward to it! I hope you are able to have some quiet and peaceful time in your near future as well!

3 comments:

  1. Andy and I loved our time together with y'all on Sunday! What a glorious day it was!
    Looking forward to finding more opportunities to spend time together!!
    Caleb commented today what an amazing feeling it was to be a christian! He is loving his new family, Sheila's cooking, being a big brother and his new Granny and Granddad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete