We are about back to normal now after all of the hullabaloo and sickness of the previous two weeks. I’m still fighting fatigue…I want to fall asleep every time I sit down. I’m hoping that will gradually get better. I did sleep better last night. The night before last I was up every hour having to get a drink and go to the bathroom. That doesn’t make for a restful night!
Dennis had to make a rushed trip to Shreveport this past Monday. He couldn’t find his birth certificate, which he needed in order to get his driver’s license renewed. There wasn’t time to order it online, so he just drove over and back in one day. He also decided to go ahead and get his passport last week, since he was taking care of his other documentation. He hasn’t had a passport since he was stationed in Germany! That gets us one step closer to our Alaskan cruise that we hope to go on next year!
I took Dad to the orthopedic surgeon last week with his hip. X-rays showed that he has arthritis really bad in his left hip. It started bothering him a few weeks ago and has been making it difficult for him to walk. The doctor ordered a CT scan to make sure that there aren’t any hairline fractures in the hip that might cause future problems. They did the scan Friday, but we haven't heard the results yet. If there aren’t any fractures, then he’ll do a steroid injection this Friday to try to help with the pain. If there are, then he’ll admit Dad to the hospital and put some pins in his hip. It will be minimally invasive surgery, if they do that. Hopefully, though, he’ll get by with just the injection. He is still declining in pretty much every way. The best description I can come up with is that he is just fading away.
I spent the biggest part of last week resting up from the previous two weeks. Dennis did a little hunting (hasn’t killed anything yet, unless he got something this morning). It was nice to be back to cooking for just the two of us again. I mostly just fixed “kid friendly” foods while the littles were here. I’m still making my yogurt about once a week. With just the two of us, it will last us about a week.
I did do some CASA training last week...and finished up my required 12 hours for the calendar year. Even though I've been on sabbatical, I still have to keep current on my training. I'm hoping that I can be ready to start on a new case after our meeting.
I started fixing up our extra room for a grandkid/guest room. I ordered and received the bed last week. We still haven’t picked out a mattress. I wanted to get one of those mattresses in a box, but Dennis has read a lot of reviews that complained about moisture problems with them. So we plan to do a little shopping around before we decide on what to get. We eventually plan to do some structural renovation in that room, but it will be awhile before we get around to that. Right now, we just need to get it ready for our meeting in two weeks!
The honeymooners should have gotten back home last night. I am looking forward to seeing them and hearing all about their trip!
Saturday we are planning to go to my Aunt Coez’ 90th birthday party. Dad wants to go with us. I hope he enjoys it. He doesn’t seem to get much enjoyment from anything these days. He has quit playing bingo, and doesn’t say much, if anything, to anyone who tries to visit with him. I’m hoping it will perk him up a little to see a lot of the family. After that party, we are going to Sheila and Matt’s house for a fall party. They really have been enjoying entertaining! Sheila enjoys the fall as much as I do, so she is really excited to host a fall-themed party. That “girl” has always loved to host a good party!
That’s what’s been going on in our lives. How are things going in yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment