After a very busy week of getting ready for our meeting and company, then spending the weekend enjoying the meeting and all of our guests, it is nice to have some quiet time! Dennis left this morning to spend the week hunting in East Texas. Andy J and James S are meeting up with him down there. Now, don't get me wrong...I love my husband, and I am very thankful for the time that we have together now that he is retired. But I really enjoy it when I get a little alone time while he goes hunting! I can eat what I want, when I want. I can pretty much hibernate in the house, if I want (which I really do enjoy!), except for going to check on Dad. I can set the thermostat on the temperature that is the most comfortable for me! It has been awhile since I've had a few days to myself, so I have REALLY been looking forward to this week!
Our meeting was GREAT! We had Charles and Belinda, as well as Ben and Laura and their two girls, stay with us. We enjoyed having them SO much! We don't often have the opportunity to have quality time with them. The weekend was pretty crazy (busy), but guests like them make it a little easier to handle! I thoroughly enjoyed all of our speakers, and the singing was amazing. (Thanks to Ron, Charles and Richard for their excellent studies!) Saturday was great! The Pettits opened their place for the group to spend the day, as they did last year. They have such a great place to entertain! We greatly appreciate all of their hard work in providing for the group! We had a potluck Sunday at the Millsap Com. Center, and then our "singing service" that afternoon. Most of our guests left either before or right after lunch, to make it back home at a reasonable hour. There were a few who hung around until the very end. We really enjoyed visiting with everyone! We appreciate each and every one that took the time and effort to make the trip. These weekends wouldn't be the success they are without all of our wonderful visitors!
We didn't even remind Dad of the meeting, because we knew he wouldn't be up to attending more than Sunday morning. He was already exhausted from the weekend before. Sarah P and her sweet family did go by to visit him after leaving the Pettits Saturday evening. She said he recognized her, and he even remembered their visit the next day. He has known Sarah her whole life! I was hoping her visit would perk him up a bit.
Not long after we got home Saturday evening, my phone rang, and it was Dad. (First time he's called in months!) He was very upset and started telling me about how "they" had had a wreck, and I needed to bring him $100 to get them out of there. (I'm assuming he dreamed all of this and got it confused with reality, which he has done on more than one occasion.) I finally got him settled down and told him to go back to his room and I would "take care of it". Then I called the nursing home and told them what had happened, so they would keep a closer than normal eye on him. I guess he forgot about it, because I didn't hear back from him, and he didn't mention it the next morning. He was extra sleepy the next morning. I wasn't sure, when I went to pick him up, if he was going to make it out of bed to go. He did made it to the morning assembly and potluck Sunday. He seemed to enjoy seeing everyone, and he definitely enjoyed the food! He ate everything that I put on his plate and then hit the dessert table 3-4 times. (He actually hit the sweets first!) He stashed a big cluster of grapes and several cookies in his walker to take back to the home with him. Dennis said he kept nibbling out of his pocket all of the way back home. I talked to him a little this morning about the weekend, asking him if he enjoyed seeing everyone. He did, but he was still pretty tired from it all.
I was certainly tired from it all yesterday! I did only what was absolutely necessary and spent most of the day napping...which is MOST unusual for me! Then I slept like a log last night. I'm feeling much more rested today and have started getting everything returned to normal. I LOVE having these meetings, but they take a larger tole on me the older I get!
Well, I hope things are going well where you are! If you made it down for our meeting, thank you so much for coming! We loved seeing you! If you didn't, I hope you were able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. As we were admonished by our speakers, let's be committed, get our priorities right, and rejoice in our blessings as God's children!
No comments:
Post a Comment