Monday, December 9, 2019

Special Family Time


Good Monday morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I am feeling much better. Went to the doctor and got a steroid shot last week which helped tremendously! It lasted a couple of days which allowed me the energy to do what I needed to do for our dinner with the kids Friday night. I loved our time together! I’m considering making it a monthly “thing”, if we can work it out with everyone’s schedules. We enjoyed our tamales (I’m really starting to get the hang of making them), and then began butchering a deer for Matt and Sheila. Rick and Amber looked through old photos. I’m trying to trim back my picture collection DRASTICALLY, so I’m letting all of the kids go through them all before I toss them. I’ve already picked out what I want to keep. Everyone was enjoying the trip down memory lane.

Nam spent the night with us after his folks left. We didn’t have as much time to spend with him this time, since we were so busy with other things. We plan to do a two-nighter at the end of the month, though. He wanted to spend some time with Pappy and Rue, also, so we took him to their house Saturday morning. We also enjoyed our visit with them. It had been too long!

I heard back from the doctor’s office, and I do have severe sleep apnea. I go in next week to check on my options, but I’m pretty sure it is going to be a CPAP machine in my future. *groan* Hopefully it will help me have more energy though.

I think yesterday was probably Dad’s last time to attend church with us. When we picked him up, the nurse told us he was REALLY sleepy. He was up when we got to his room, but he needed help with getting dressed. He actually stayed awake during the assembly, but he was very confused and agitated…kept wanting to get up and walk to the restroom, even though he didn’t need to go. We finally left early and took him back home. He’s at the point where he isn’t really getting anything from going other than the satisfaction of knowing he’s going. I haven’t talked to him about it yet, but I don’t think we can keep this up any longer. Dennis and I are so distracted with keeping him in check that we miss out on too much of the assembly.

Dennis has another hunting trip next week. While he’s gone, I am going to spend one night with Diane B. We plan to go watch “White Christmas” at the theatre. It ought to be a lot of fun! I love girls’ night out!

I guess that’s all for now. I hope you all have a great week and make some special plans with friends and/or family! Love y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment