For the past several years I have kept a Thanksgiving Journal, which has been helpful to center my thoughts on gratitude. However, I decided to try something else this year. As most of you know, and as the title of this blog implies, Phil. 4:8 is my anchor verse. It helps me to focus on the positive in life. However, being the weak creature that I am, I needed something to sharpen that focus on a day to day basis. This is the outcome of that. Each day, I hope to PAY ATTENTION and look for examples of the good things listed in the passage. I don't intend to share them all or even most of them, but from time to time I will probably drop one on Facebook, if I think it might inspire someone else. It is my desire that we can all benefit from thinking on these thing.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
1/6/20 – Lovely – Today is a beautiful, clear winter day! Stepping outside makes me want to just stop and breathe in the cool, crisp air and spread my arms in joyfulness.
True – Sherry posted a beautiful beach scene today with Phil. 4:6 on it. That lead me to turn to the chapter and read the whole passage, which lead me to creating this journal. It is, and has been my goal for years to incorporate the title verse into my life. This offers me a way to do so that focuses my attention more and provides some accountability. My aim is to look for true, noble, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous and praiseworthy things to journal about every day.
1/7/20 – Noble – I love this passage from a book that Sheila bought for me: If we take a step back and evaluate the world we live in, we’ll realize that we are deeply imbedded in a culture that constantly lunges for the mic. We value making our voices heard and getting our points across. But if our goal is healthy community and loving our neighbors, we need to rethink our approach. Before we can learn from each other, before we can truly grow into a clearer picture of God’s good kingdom, we have to fall in love with listening.Martin, Shannan. The Ministry of Ordinary Places (p. 27).
No comments:
Post a Comment