Well, it has been just over 2 months since we entered quarantine. I don't know about the other states, but Texas has allowed most business to reopen now. Things are looking a lot more "normal" around here. When we were in FW Wednesday, however, a lot of restaurants were still keeping their dining rooms closed. They still have over 7000 ACTIVE cases in the metroplex. Although PP county has had 10 cases, none are currently active. Once again, I am thankful to be living in a small town!
Since our household is considered vulnerable, we are still staying in most of the time and wearing our masks when we get out. We did have visitors this week though! Matt, Sheila, Caleb and Nam came for a visit on our lawn Wednesday evening. They brought catfish and chicken from Chicken E and we picnicked in the front yard, while Nam played on the rope swing. It was SO GOOD to see them! We all wore masks and hand sanitizer was kept handy, but we did get in a few hugs. Since they have been as diligent as we have about sheltering in place, we felt like it was safe enough. It was really hard to say goodbye though!
My kids have been so good throughout this whole ordeal. It isn't unusual to get a little surprise in the mail every so often from one of them. They have been great to keep in touch and facetime so we can see them and the kiddos. Rick and Amber have been over a couple of times, but we've not had any physical contact with them since they both work out in the public. I'm really not used to going so long without seeing any of my kids!
As you probably know from Facebook, Dennis had his biopsy on Wednesday. It was pretty rough! He had to take a pain pill and lie down as soon as we got home. Thankfully the pill took effect by the time our kiddos arrived for their visit! We won't know exactly what we are dealing with until June 2, when we go back for the test results. But the doctor did tell Dennis that the MRI showed that the two lesions were rated 3 and 5 (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most likely to be cancer). So we are pretty sure that he will be dealing with some kind of cancer treatment. Most prostate cancers are slow growing and rarely cause any serious health problems. However, there are some that are very aggressive. There are also some treatments that are more unpleasant than others. We are really looking forward to talking to the doctor on the 2nd and finding out exactly what is in store.
We passed the 2nd month anniversary of Daddy's death this week. I drove by the cemetery to check on his headstone to see if the death date had been added yet. Still nothing. So I called the monument company to see what the holdup was. They assured me that it would be done by the end of this week. I'm planning to go check on Copper tomorrow, so I'll stop back by and see if it has been completed. I still had some more paperwork to do and turn in this week to finalize his affairs. It just seems to go on and on! I'm doing fine most of the time, but every once in a while something will hit me and I totally lose it. That happened the other night while I was watching "Call the Midwife" (one of my favorite TV shows!). The episode was about one of the nurses caring for her grandmother as she was dying. That hit a little too close to home! I still lie awake at night sometimes, reliving it.
Our freezer is filling up with the fruits of Dennis' fishing trips! I had to do a little rearranging this week to fit it all in. I emptied the bottom basket and have relegated it to my fish storage. I also sent some deer meat home with Sheila to free up some more space. I am SO thankful to my good hubby who provides so well for us!
Work on the house has been very slow this past week, since Dennis was traumatized. It is supposed to rain pretty much all this next week, so maybe he'll be able to get more done. With fishing on Monday, being gone most of Wednesday and him feeling bad, and then doing all of the mowing and weed-eating before the rains set in, he hasn't had much time to do anything inside.
I guess that's about it for what's been going on around here. Stay safe and show kindness in all you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment