Most of you have heard by now that Ricky and Amber are expecting in early December. We are all so excited and happy! I’m always a little nervous at the very beginning of a pregnancy because of my history with miscarriages. But the ultrasound, Monday, showed that the baby was doing great! I am SO looking forward to having an infant around again! I missed out on so much of my other grandkids’ lives when they were tiny…living so far away from Stephen and Mandy, and not getting Nam until he was almost 4. It will be so wonderful to have this one so close, so I can have a front row seat watching it grow! I am also very happy for Ricky and Amber. I can’t wait to watch them become parents. I wasn’t sure, at one time, whether Ricky would ever have that blessing. I’m so thankful that he has grown into the man that he has, and that he found such a sweetheart of a wife. And, of course, I’m thrilled to have another grandbaby to love on!!!
We went to spend the day with Houston and Sue today. We hadn’t
seen them in a LONG time. They are really looking pretty good! We had a nice
long visit, with both of them talking at the same time. I finally gave up and
just listened to Sue and let Dennis listen to Houston. When we left Sue loaded
us up with some eggs from their chickens. I’m very excited about that! I love
farm fresh eggs!
We plan to go see Sheila and Matt Sunday afternoon. I have a
visit to do in the area, so it presented a good opportunity for seeing them. We’ll
bring Nam home with us for a couple of nights afterward. I figured it was about
time for another sleepover! I can’t wait to hear him tell us about their recent
trip to the beach. Sheila said he LOVED it!
Well, I’m feeling a little road weary, so I’ll make this
short. I hope you all are doing well and getting to spend time with your loved
ones! Take care and be kind!
No comments:
Post a Comment