Thursday, July 29, 2021

Family Time 😍...and more COVID 😢

We enjoyed a wonderfully busy week last week! Sheila and I went to see a movie Tuesday afternoon that was based on a true story from our area. We enjoyed the story and being familiar with the places mentioned. As I usually do with “true stories”, I later googled about the accuracy of the film and learned more about some of the characters. It was quite interesting! After the movie, we went out for sushi. One of the things that I love about spending time with Sheila, is that I get to eat more “adventuresome” foods than when I’m with Dennis. Plus I just enjoy spending time with my girl!

While we were doing our thing, Nam and Grandad went to service his deer feeder at Thiess and Gina’s and enjoyed a visit with them. Nam loved his time with Pappy and Rue and ended up with a new treasure that Grandad found (a deer jaw). Then Nam spent a couple of nights with us. We didn’t do anything special…just our usual, which is the way Nam likes it. He loves traditions!

We took Nam home on Thursday after lunch, visited a little with Matt and Sheila, then headed to Paris. We arrived in time to meet up with Stephen’s family for supper. Then we went back to our hotel room to rest up from a tiring few days. We spent all day Friday visiting with them. The grandkids kept us busy! I loved seeing Mandy’s new kitchen. It turned out SO pretty…and functional! She is really going to enjoy it.

We spent another night in the hotel, so we could rest up before getting back on the road. We made it home a little after lunch on Saturday. Since we had a potluck planned at our house the next day, I spent the rest of the day cooking and cleaning. We had a great turnout for our gathering after church…even Coez and Willie Dee made it! We ladies enjoyed all of their stories. They have seen and done a lot during their 90+ years each. I really admire both of them! I think everyone really enjoyed our time together.

We are planning our family’s “Thanksgiving” gathering for the middle of October, since Archer is due on Thanksgiving Day or thereabouts. The HC congregation will also be having their baby shower the day after our get-together. That will save Ricky and Amber from having to make another trip down. The kids talked me into doing Mexican food again. Since it will be so early, turkey and dressing just didn’t seem that appropriate. I am looking forward to a traditional Thanksgiving, ON THANKSGIVING DAY, sometime in the not-too-distant future!

I sure hate seeing the number of people with COVID going up again! We had just gotten to the point where we really didn’t think about it much at all, since we were vaccinated and the numbers had been so low. Now we have a number of loved ones who are sick. I still have 4 grandkids that are too young to be vaccinated, so we have to be mindful of doing anything that might put them at risk. We would be helping Ricky and Amber, right now, with their move; but they, and Chris who came to help, all have the virus. I’m not worried about Dennis and I getting sick, but it is possible for us to get it and pass it on to the littles. We are having Stephen’s three spend a couple of nights with us soon, and we don’t want to take any chances. I really hate this virus! Please keep everyone who is currently struggling with it in your prayers…especially the other Linda G.

Take care, be safe and be kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment