All weekend the song, “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”, has been going through my head. We had such a special time!
I finished Nam’s cake before lunch Friday morning. After lunch, we loaded up and headed to Sheila’s to deliver it. I had sent a picture to Sheila to show Nam, so I didn’t get to see his initial reaction, but she said he was SO excited! I’m glad he was pleased. This was the first cake that I have done since Sheila’s wedding, so I was nervous about being so out of practice. Thankfully, everything went according to plan!
![]() |
| I love his fierce expression! |
After a short visit, we decided to go watch a movie matinee.
I love it when we are the only people in the theatre! After a busy couple of
days, it was nice to put my feet up (the theatre had recliners) and chill for a
couple of hours. It was time for supper by time we got out of the movie, so we
went to Red Lobster to use a gift card that Dennis had. I decided to splurge,
since it was our anniversary, and ordered the filet mignon (it was also about
the lowest in calories of anything on the menu!). It was SOOO good! I even ate
one of the garlic cheddar biscuits. My mouth and tummy were very happy.
I had rented us a room at a hotel in Hurst, so we wouldn’t
have to do the extra driving (going back to MW, then returning to NRH the next
day). Plus we enjoy having a night out occasionally…especially on our
anniversary. The room was amazing! I usually try to get rooms with a sitting
area, but this one had a huge comfortable sectional sofa…with an incredible
ottoman. We both rested very well!
After a good night’s sleep and breakfast, we decided to do a
little shopping. We were close to a woodworking store that Dennis likes, so we
spent about an hour browsing around there. I’m not at all interested in the
tools, but I enjoy looking at all of the beautiful woods! We had a light lunch
at Whataburger (I HAVE to have my weekly Whataburger Jr!), then headed on over
to Sheila’s for the day. We were early, so we had time to do a lot of visiting
before the other guests arrived. It was all family, both Gerralds and Joiners,
plus Jessica and Stacey (who I think of as family). The day was perfect! Sheila
and Matt had set up various games for the kids in the front yard. They had a
blast! The temperature was a little warmer than some of us expected, but it was
great for spending the afternoon outside. It was so nice having all of my
grandkids together again (minus the one who hasn’t made his appearance yet)! I
love seeing the bond that is developing between the three boys. They are all so
close in age and enjoy each other so much!
We were the last to leave the party and head towards home.
We made a few stops on the way home, looking for a couple of things we’re
needing (or wanting). Then we grabbed a quick bite at Chicken E and settled
back in at home. I went way over my calorie budget for the day, but I had been
way under the day before, so it pretty much balanced out. Then when I got up
this morning, I had dropped that final pound to reach 40 pounds lost! YAY! I’m
not going to worry about losing over the remainder of the holiday season…just
maintain what I’ve done. I’m almost at my halfway point, which is a good spot
to coast for a few weeks.
We are excited to see what this week brings. Archer can
decide to come at any time now. We plan to be ready to leave whenever we get
the call. I have a few tentative plans for the week, but nothing that can’t be
dropped at the last minute. My arms are aching to hold a new grandbaby! That is
something to be thankful for!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK!

No comments:
Post a Comment