Monday, December 6, 2021

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Well, as you know by now, we have a new grandson...and he is absolutely perfect! He is beautiful, sweet and super cuddly. We thoroughly enjoyed the time that we spent with him!

I love this picture of my boys!

We also enjoyed visiting with dear friends while we were in the Clarksville area. I love getting to see them all now that we are going up there more often. I'm very happy that Ricky and Amber have such a wonderful support system.

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Rick and Amber's house with them and Joe and Leanne. Leanne and I cooked dinner, and the kids got home from the hospital in plenty of time to eat. I was glad to get to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner...on Thanksgiving Day! I love me some turkey and dressing and sweet potatoes!

We made it home Thursday, the 1st. As much as we loved our time spent in Arkansas, it felt SO good to get home. I am getting to be more and more of a homebody the older that I get. I love traveling...but I'm always ready to get back to my bed, my chair and my kitchen! I am very thankful, though, for the technology that we now have, so that I can see pictures of Archer every day. They change so quickly as this age, and I hate to miss any of it!

Dennis had to have a tooth pulled today. Both of those molars that have been giving him so much trouble have to come out. He is hoping to have implants done. He is just doing one at a time, since they are on opposite sides of his mouth. Otherwise he'd not be able to eat! He isn't feeling very well right now...waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in and the bleeding to stop, so he can have his baked potato for lunch. Dental work is no fun!

Next week, he and Stephen are supposed to go on their hunting trip in the Hill Country. I usually spend the night with Diane when he is gone, but after our trip to Arkansas, I just want to stay home and enjoy the solitude. I am a pretty social person, but I also really enjoy my alone time. 

I've finally been in the mood to do some handwork again. It has been awhile! I made several scarves to give away last week on our trip. I found some really soft, thick yarn that made up super quick! I also found a new brand of cotton yarn that I liked the feel of, so I bought a couple of skeins to make dishrags. I've finished three, so far, and love the way that they work up. I also did a little "gardening" yesterday. I'm NOT a plant person...I can kill anything! But I've always wanted an herb garden. I got a gift card from Amazon that I used to buy an all-inclusive starter kit with five different kinds of seeds. Well, I got them planted. Now we'll just have to wait and see if they actually do anything. 

Well, that's what has been going on in my world. I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the sights and sounds and "feels" of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment