Monday, May 16, 2011

Spending time with Ricky

Ricky came in for the funeral last week.  Got in about 2:00 Monday night (Tuesday morn).  He rode down with Brittney, Cody and Rick W.  Brittney stayed with Sheila and Jessica, and the other boys stayed at the Cunninghams'.  Sheila took off at noon, so she and Brittney followed Ricky and I to the funeral.  I thought we had allowed plenty of time to get there, but I had my funeral homes mixed up and we ended up driving clear across town to the wrong place!  I was SO frustrated and stressed...knowing that we would be running late.  Ricky kept telling me not to worry about it and we made it to the right place about 10 minutes late.  Didn't miss anything except some of the singing.  It was standing room only.  David and Colin both did a good job.  They told funny stories about Brandon and both made it through their deliveries without breaking down.

Dennis had his 3 day weekend last week, so we went to Arkansas.  We spent Thursday night with Maxine.  Got to her house around 1:00 and went straight to bed.  We had a good time the next morning with her and Belinda, who had come over to visit with us.  Didn't get to see any of the other family this trip, since we left Friday afternoon for Ft. Smith.  We got up there about an hour before Ricky got off work.  By time we finished supper it was almost 10:00, so we didn't get a lot of visiting done that first night.  Ricky had to work until 4:00 on Saturday, so Dennis and I just hung around Ft. Smith and did some shopping.  We met up with Amy and the kids for supper that night.  (Clint was working and couldn't join us.)  Then the three of us went back to Rick's apartment and had a very good visit.  (Josh had given us his room and spent the weekend with family, so we could have alone time with Ricky.)  I feel so much better after having spent time with Ricky.  It is so hard to really know how he is doing without having some quality face time.

We enjoyed visiting with the Alma congregation yesterday morning...such a wonderful group!  Mike gave an excellent lesson.  We opted out of staying and eating lunch with the group...choosing to get on the road and making good time coming home.  We had planned to make it home in time to eat out with our group at Highway.  It turned out that just the Rasmussens and our girls were going to eat together, so they decided to eat in MW.  We had planned to meet up with them, but my stomach had other plans.  After a weekend of eating out (foods that I am NOT used to eating), I had to come straight home and nibble on cheese and crackers instead.  We enjoyed the weekend, but it is good to be home!

Just as we were about to leave Thursday, I was carrying my last load to the trunk of the car and SOMEHOW managed to fall.  I sprawled out on the driveway and scraped my knee up good.  Thankfully that is all the damage I incurred!  We cleaned it up and bandaged it and headed out.  It was (and is) pretty sore but is starting to scab over now.  I just can't be crawling around on my knees for awhile!

I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful weather we are having!

 Job 4:4 Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment