Last week seems like a blur! Anita came over for lunch on Monday and spent the afternoon. She has been under a lot of stress lately with the illness and passing of her dad, plus her youngest daughter is getting married in 3 weeks. We had a good afternoon of visiting. Wednesday I sat in on a Jobs For Life class, in conjunction with my new volunteer job at Center of Hope. Then Thursday, I actually started advising...what an experience! It was a crazy day! Only one other adviser showed up and the waiting room was full. The director sat in with me to help out, and she ended up having to do most of the work on 2 clients...very difficult cases. The center is open from 10-2, but it was 3 before I got away. I was ready to crawl in a hole and never return! I guess it is good to get some "doozies" out of the way early on, but it left me feeling so ignorant and incapable of doing the job. Hopefully this week will go more smoothly!
Friday morn, Dennis called and told me about an estate sale on his route. I headed over there and looked around. It was a beautiful house filled with gorgeous antiques. Pretty much everything was out of my price range, but it was fun to look. I finally stumbled across a pair of "desk ends" out in the garage. They were perfect for bedside tables and only $20, so I purchased them...one for Dennis' nightstand and one for the guestroom. I also found a set of pretty plastic storage canisters for the pantry. It was my first estate sale. I was amazed at the number of customers! There were 2 cashiers going fulltime and you still had to wait in line for 15-30 minutes to checkout. I was also a bit taken aback by the prices...I'm used to garage sales! However, the quality of the furnishing was excellent...there were a lot of dealers there!
Saturday was our "ladies day out." Josephine, Nancy and my girls came over and we spent the day shopping and visiting. First stop was the estate sale again! After having lunch at a downtown sandwich shop, we browsed through "junktique" and interesting stores in the downtown area. It was fun and we all enjoyed our time together.
Houston and Sue were at Highway Sunday. Houston had agreed to come speak for us that morning. I always enjoy hearing his lessons and visiting with the two of them! He gave a wonderful lesson on "lying"... with a special emphasis on lying to ourselves...very insightful, as usual! Sunday night, Ron gave a very interesting lesson on Genesis 14. He always has a different "spin" to his chapter studies that I really enjoy. Then the Rasmussens, the Moores, the girls and Dennis and I went to CiCi's for supper...another great Lord's day!
Dennis actually had his day off yesterday...first time since Labor Day (other than Sundays). He really needed the rest and even got a few things accomplished.
I am really enjoying this cooler fall weather. We are still getting up into the 90's during the days, most of the time, but the evenings are much cooler and we've been blessed with a few rains over the past 2-3 weeks. I'm getting really excited about our Mother/Daughter weekend coming up in a week and a half! I checked the long range forecast for Eureka Springs and it shows it being in the 60's and 70's while we are there. It ought to be a great weekend!
Ps 94:19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment