That is the way I feel about fall! Although we are still having an occasion day with temps in the upper 90's (or even 100), the nights are dipping down into the upper 40's and lower 50's and the days are really comfortable (for the most part). The girls and I went to the Fall Festival at Clark's Gardens Saturday. The weather was perfect! Although the flowers aren't at their best right now, there were still plenty to look at...along with pumpkin patches intersperse throughout the gardens. There were dozens of monarch butterflies feasting on the flowers...so pretty! We were also able to sample the wares of a few salsa vendors, taste some stuffed jalapenos and "chocolate with a kick", as well as sample the chili cookoff's entries.
Bow season started Saturday and Dennis was able to get off work by 4:00. So he headed out to his deer stand and bagged a very nice, big doe! We quickly got her skinned, quartered and put in our "aging" refrigerator. Sherlock did NOT know what to think about all the goings on! He was very leery of that big critter hanging upside down in the garage and couldn't understand WHY Dennis wouldn't let him jump up in his lap! It was fun to watch him!
Jessica mentioned that if I wanted something to work on, she would like to have an infinity scarf. First she had to inform me what exactly that was (I am SO fashion conscious!), then I got on the internet and started looking up patterns. Thursday, while I was in Weatherford, I made a stop at Michaels and bought some yarn and circular knitting needles. This is quite a step for me. All I've ever knitted before (other than practice swatches) is dishrags. So I grabbed my "Knitting for Dummies" book and began. Two days later, I ripped it all out and started AGAIN! I think I've got the hang of it now. It is slow going...I've only got about 1 1/2" done (it is supposed to be about 9" wide). But my "rhythm" is improving and I'm gaining my confidence. (Sherlock also doesn't understand why he can't sit in my lap...and play with the yarn...while I'm knitting!)
Friday, the girls and I leave on our annual Mother/Daughter weekend, Lord willing! It will be a grueling drive Friday night...an 8 hour trip to Eureka Springs. Paula will be getting there several hours earlier. We are really looking forward to the weekend! We always have a lot of fun, but we don't overtax ourselves...just do whatever we feel like, when we feel like it. We have discovered the joys of renting cabins for our stay, which gives us a good measure of privacy and latitude in our plans. We can save a little money by preparing our own breakfast, plus we usually bring home leftovers for at least one meal. We carry "chick flicks" to watch in the evenings, as well as cards and games. I am so thankful that we are able to spend this time together! We hope to make them a life-long tradition!
I hope you all enjoy this wonderful fall weather and find time to hang out with loved ones this week!
Ac 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

No comments:
Post a Comment