For a week with nothing planned, last week turned out to be plenty busy. I got a call on Tuesday from CASA offering me a new case. It is much different from what I've had to deal with so far...a teenager. I had thought when I started CASA that I'd only want to work with younger children...teenagers are difficult enough without the problems involved with abused kids and placement in foster homes. However, the conference I attended changed my mind. When I listened to those former foster kids talk about their experiences and how much it affected their lives to have SOMEONE who cared, made me decide to venture into this terrifying new territory. Anyway, I took the case and went to visit my new girl on Wednesday. She had been placed in a psychiatric hospital (mostly for observation and holding until an appropriate foster home could be found). THAT was a new experience! But things went surprisingly well and we had a good visit. She is being moved to a foster home today, so I hope to go see her again this afternoon to see how things look there.
Jim Fox has been placed in rehab in Weatherford. He is still extremely weak, and his foot is still too swollen and sore to walk on. This is really difficult for him and Mary. It is nice having him closer to home...driving to FW was really hard on Mary. I'm very concerned about him tho. This is a tough battle for a 82 old man with COPD to go through. Please continue to pray for him and Mary!
One of Dennis' coworkers was retiring on Friday and Dennis asked me to do a cake for the party. So that took up much of my day on Thursday. Friday, after my regular chores, I went to see Pam and had a really good visit with her! She is doing better after her knee replacement surgery, but it is slow going. She was able to make it to the assembly last night, but you could tell she was in a lot of pain by time services were over.
I have another prayer request: Gary Bell is waiting to be approved by Workman's Comp to have back surgery to repair some problems that have developed from a previous back surgery. He has been in a LOT of pain for a long time! They are supposed to receive word this week about whether the surgery is a "go" or not. They are hoping and praying that he will be able to have it this week. He is pretty much incapacitated from the pain.
We had several gone yesterday at Highway, but we still had a nice crowd. Ricky spoke that morning and did a great job. He had me blubbering by the end of his lesson...it was very personal and meaningful. Last night, Jared did a good job on his study of Exodus 17. Our crowd was even smaller, but both Pam and Nancy were able to attend. It was so good to see both of them. Nancy has completed her prescribed chemo and will be going back to Chicago for a checkup toward the end of the month. We are praying that the cancer is completely gone and stays gone, and that she will soon recover from the effects of the chemo!
We plan to leave on our anniversary trip this Saturday evening when Dennis gets off work. We are really looking forward to it! Dennis has 2 weeks off, but we only plan to be gone the first week. He hopes to do a little hunting the next week, plus it will be Thanksgiving week. It will be nice having him off and able to visit and enjoy family.
Hope all of you have a great week and enjoy this gorgeous fall weather! (I wanted to share these gorgeous trees that are down the road from us. I believe we are going to have some brilliant colors this year!)
Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
No comments:
Post a Comment