Looks like we skipped fall and are heading straight into winter! Bring it on...I'm ready for jackets and hot drinks!
Last week was pretty full. I picked up pecans on Monday. After cracking and shelling them, we ended up with a gallon of nutmeats...means lots of goodies! (Ricky keeps saying, "Pie!") Along with cracking pecans, Tuesday I had to go to Stephenville to observe a visit, and then we butchered deer after supper. Thursday I drove to Benton for Reba Kelley's funeral. Got home Friday just in time to meet up with Dennis and the kids for supper at Pastafina. Saturday, James and Renee invited everyone over to their house for a party. It was to celebrate Alan White's return to health. The cake James ordered read, "...we're glad you are alive and well!" That became the catchphrase for the evening. (Actually it was shortened to A & W...alive and well, or Alan White...take your pick!)
Emily Westbrook came down and spent Saturday night with Rebecca, so we had all the kids over Sunday afternoon. We had our first deer steaks of the season...yummy! This will be the last time Chris will be around for awhile...he's heading home for the holidays this weekend and will be working in Arkansas for the foreseeable future. We are sure going to miss him!
Last night we all went out to Rosa's to celebrate Linda Moore's birthday. Good times!
A couple of prayer requests: Brother Jim Fox is back in the hospital and struggling to keep his leg. It has been a constant battle since he developed blood clots a couple of months ago. The doctors are supposed to be deciding today what course of action to take. I think Jim is in a better place, emotionally, now than when the issue first arose. However this is really difficult for he and his sweet wife, Mary.
Also, Gary Bell had back surgery last week and is currently in rehab. He has been in excruciating pain from back spasms since the surgery. (He had been in pain for years prior to that!) Please pray that he will have relief from the pain and that he will heal quickly.
Got another busy week this week...court, one day; possible surgery for Jim; doing a cake for the girls' bank for Friday; helping Ricky with a benefit garage sale for Saturday; and possibly helping with a CASA even on Saturday...along with the usual. So I guess I'd better get off here and get busy! Hope your week goes well...enjoy the cold!
Job 37:9 Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.
No comments:
Post a Comment