Less than a week until our meeting starts! I always get a little panicky about this time: so much to do and so little time. But we are really excited about seeing everyone and hearing, what I know will be, wonderful lessons from such wise, hoary heads!
Tomorrow we are having a potluck at the "tabernacle." It has been a couple of years since the last time we were there. I've been struggling a little on what to take, since Dennis and I are so restricted in what we can eat. (I'm not even going to worry about it during the meeting. We'll eat what we can and fill up on salad.) I finally decided on a no-carb chicken dish that we like and a big salad. I made an Italian Cream Cake for the bank for Monday, as a thank-you for the support they've given me on my upcoming trip. I had leftover batter, so I made another smaller cake to take to the potluck. At least my kids and others can enjoy it. It is SO hard to make that cake without eating crumbs or licking my fingers!
I'm kind of stuck on about 11 pounds lost...only 1 pound this past week. BUT I have been able to completely discontinue my blood pressure medication! Yahoo! I hope I'm able to keep up with my workouts this next week. It is going to be a busy week and I don't know how often I'll be able to fit them in.
I have quite a bit of baking I'll need to get done. Aside from the desserts I'm making for the meeting, Ricky wanted another pecan pie to take to work on Wednesday. The president of the bank where he works is retiring, and they are having a dinner for him. Lots of changes in my kids' working environments. The girls are still waiting to find out what there jobs will be after the buy-out is finalized in July.
I went to see my babies one last time before our trip. I talked to the foster mom to get a lot of tips for making the trip easier...snacks to take and such. I sure hope and pray that both of them make the trip ok. It will be a BIG change from what they are used to, and it will be a very long, hard day. The date has been put back one day...we are flying out on the 30th. It is supposed to save us some on the ticket price. The schedule will be pretty much the same tho. That will give me a little extra time to recuperate from the meeting before facing that marathon of a day. I hope nobody expects much of me the next weekend!
Well, I hope all of you have a great Lord's Day tomorrow and week to come. I hope to see some of you next weekend, Lord willing!
Mt 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. (I know I'll be needing some of this next week!)
No comments:
Post a Comment