Well, this month sure got away from me. Our Sister Wanda passed away the week before last, and her funeral was on Saturday, the 17th. That pretty much tied up that whole weekend. Dennis was off for 4 days, so he made a quick trip down to the Davy Crockett National Forest and killed a deer in muzzleloader season. He made it back just in time to go to the visitation on Friday night.
Sunday night, the 18th, after getting home from church services, I sliced and marinated some venison to make jerky the next day. After I finished, I started feeling headachy and had a lot of drainage going down into my chest. Dennis got up early the next morning to drive to Spur to work on feeders for hog hunting. I woke up feeling horrible! I got up and started drying the jerky and doing laundry. I put on a load of dishes to wash and noticed the kitchen drain was backed up. I worked on it with drain cleaner, boiling water and a plunger and couldn't get it to open up. So I had to stop doing any more laundry (since it backed up, too) and couldn't use the kitchen sink. As the day progressed, I felt worse and worse, and my fever kept rising. Dennis came in about suppertime to find a mess in the kitchen and me laid out sick. He tried to fix the drains, but he wasn't able to make any headway either.
Monday night, my temperature vacillated from 102-103 degrees all night. Dennis left for work the next morning with the understanding that I'd call him if I needed him. I called and scheduled a plumber to come at 11:00, then called Dennis to come home and deal with him. He took off long enough to handle the plumbing situation and then headed back to work. I went to the doctor and tested positive for the flu. The rest of the week went by with not much else going on. I managed to do a little around the house, but not much. I mainly tried to keep germs wiped and sprayed away, keep up with what laundry HAD to be done, and keep plenty of fluids in me. Ricky started to get sick about midweek, and I was afraid he had caught the flu from me. But his temperature never got up much over 100 degrees. The rain (over 2"!) shut down their work for a couple of days, so he was able to stay in and rest up. By the weekend, I was finally starting to feel human again.
Dennis left again early yesterday morning to go to Spur to do some hog hunting. He drove out in time to make it to Steele Hill for services and spoke for them. Then after lunch, he went out and killed a big boar (which was just to trim the herd...not edible). He had planned to stay until Wednesday, but he broke a crown and had to drive back this morning to go to the dentist. He plans to head on back this afternoon to finish out his hunt. He also has some chores to do around the house for Bobbie and Daddy.
I've started working on decorations for Jesse's birthday cake. His 1st birthday is Friday, and his party is Saturday. I'll be baking and decorating the cake Thursday, then we head to Paris Friday morning. Sure looking forward to seeing my little guy again. We haven't seen him since Thanksgiving!
The girls and I have also started making our plans for our 2015 Mother/Daughter Trip. We plan to spend the last (full) week of March in New Orleans. We have a cute little duplex rented, and Sheila has been finding fun things for us to do while there. I'm hoping the flowers will be blooming good at that time. It ought to be beautiful!
Well, that's what has been going on in my life lately. How are things in yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment