Monday, April 25, 2016

Life is good!

What a wonderful weekend!  Sheila came over Saturday morning, and we went to visit our CASA babies that we share.  I always love visiting any of my babies!  Having little children in my life is one of the greatest blessings I can think of...whether they be from my CASA cases, children at church, or, of course, my precious grandsons!  Of course, I always enjoy time with my girl, too!  She stayed over Saturday night to enjoy our Sunday activities with us.

Caleb Martin came up with his family to speak for us at Highway yesterday, so we planned a potluck.  It is always wonderful to spend some time with Mike and Fonda and their kiddos.  They have some of the sweetest girls around!  Caleb did a great job on his lesson!  We had tons of yummy food at the potluck and had a nice turnout.  Sarah and DJ came with their 3 sweet kiddos.  We had a houseful of young'uns!  I always love it when we have so many kids and teens!  We really enjoyed the day and the sweet fellowship.

My foot continues to improve daily.  It has been over a week since I had to use a crutch for anything.  I'm even able to go to Walmart by myself to buy groceries.  On Friday, after 1 1/2 hours of PT, we spent about an hour or so shopping for a new couch, and then we walked through both Home Depot and Lowes looking for some supplies for a project we're working on.  I still limp and am not as fast as I'd like to be, but I'm thankful to be able to be out and about again!  PT is going very well.  They add more and more on me every time I go, so my strength and flexibility continues to improve.  I'm not having to take ibuprofen as much now as when I first started walking without assistance.  Days like yesterday tell on me though, so I still have to take one occasionally!

Our new couch is being delivered today.  We decided to move our old one into the den and buy the new one for the living room.  This is the first time we've ever bought a couch!  We've always been blessed by family with good hand-me-down furniture.  I'm really excited to get this one.  It reclines on both ends.  Sheila will really enjoy that!  She probably uses the couch more than anyone else.  We made sure that it was firm enough to get out of easily, too, for when Daddy and Bobbie are over.  They always struggled trying to get up from our old couch.  I'm hoping that it will be as long-lasting as it is comfortable.

Well, the delivery guys are here, so I'd better go.  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment