Monday, May 23, 2016

Getting back to remodeling!

Things have settled down enough around here for Dennis to start back on our home remodeling.  He has torn out the old shelves and sheetrock in the garage area that will be walled in to make my new pantry/storage closet.  He is doing some rewiring today for that area.  I've been "shopping" for tile to go in the kitchen/dining room/entry, guest room and bathrooms.  I found a design that we both love...it looks like old barn wood.  The color will be perfect for what I have in mind!  We've also been solidifying our design plans for the coffee bar/cabinets that will separate the kitchen and dining room after we remove the walls that are currently there.  I'm getting very excited!  I haven't liked this kitchen/dining room since we bought the house and am very much looking forward to having more room and lots more storage!

My foot is healing well.  I'm walking pretty normally now.  I still have a little trouble descending steps...my foot doesn't flex enough to allow me to step naturally.  I've gone out to the high school track a couple of times.  The first time I only tried to do one lap without limping.  The next time, I did two.  I'm able to walk at a faster pace now, which is great!  It does still hurt, pretty much all the time that I'm walking, but it is getting more manageable with time.  When I went to the doctor, she prescribed a compression brace to wear, which has really helped with the swelling!  On days that I'm on my feet a lot, it sure feels good to take it off in the evening though.  It gets quite uncomfortable!

Houston Green came and spoke for us at Highway yesterday morning.  I always LOVE to hear him speak!  I also enjoy getting to visit with him and Sue...such wonderful people!  We had a potluck between services, so we could enjoy some extra time visiting with them...as well as with each other.  We didn't have any other guests, so we ended up with WAY too much food, of course.  But it was a great day!  Andy and Sherry were here, too, (but they don't really count as visitors) and he spoke for us at the evening assembly.

The girls made it home Saturday evening from their trip to London.  I picked them up at the airport, and then we met up with Dennis for supper at Pulidos.  (I knew Sheila would be ready for some Mexican food!)  It was so much fun to hear them tell about their trip!  I'm so very thankful that they were able to go together.  I've enjoyed seeing the pictures that they've posted on facebook, but I'm looking forward to seeing a LOT more when they've had time to sort through all of them.

I guess that about catches up on what's been going on around here.  I hope you all have fun plans for the upcoming summer months.  It will be messy, but exciting, around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment