Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Demolition time!

Well, things are definitely getting messy around here now!  The dining room has been demo'ed, and the guys have moved on into the kitchen.  The doors have been cut for the pantry and storage closet, and the insulation is up in them.  Now it is time to finish them out...sheetrocking and building shelves.  Then we can have a place to store all of the stuff we are having to remove from the kitchen while it is being redone.

The tile came up much easier than the guys expected, which was a huge blessing!  It never quit raining yesterday, but it slacked off enough for the guys to haul off the first load of torn up tile and sheetrock.  They almost have another truckload ready!  There is a layer of dust over pretty much everything in this part of the house now.  I'm hoping this part of the remodel advances pretty speedily.  Things are going to be very disrupted until the dining room and kitchen are completed!

I think I'm really going to be happy with the results, though.  The area is going to feel larger, and traffic will flow much better with this more open floor plan.  And my storage space will be SO much better!  We are going to be moving back a wall in the laundry room, too, which will allow the freezer to be turned for easier access.  That has always been a problem, especially when being defrosted!  (That was my middle of the night epiphany.)  I'm so glad that Ricky is able to help Dennis out with all of this.  Having two guys that know what they're doing makes things go so much more quickly!
I sure hope things are usable by time Sheila's birthday rolls around!


Taking out dining room walls
Starting on kitchen
View from kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment