![]() |
| ready for texturing |
![]() |
| old pantry gone |
![]() |
| walls gone |
The tile in the entry was a LOT harder to remove than the kitchen/dining room. It was very small tile and was GLUED down. Ricky spent an hour breaking it up with a hammer, so Dennis could scrape it up. Shards of tile were EVERYWHERE!!! The glue is still stuck to the concrete and is not coming up very easily. What a mess!
The tall kitchen cabinet is already gone, and it is time to remove the vent hood and cabinet above it...as well as the base cabinet where I store my pots and pans. Won't be any cooking done around here for a bit (we'll be moving the range out of the kitchen while redoing these cabinets)! The north wall of the laundry room is also ready to come down (so we can move it back a foot). The dump is open today, so we can also get rid of debris from the past couple of days. (It is only open 3 days a week.) I'm hoping we'll be starting on the new cabinets by the end of the week (at least the framework). So much to do!
It looks like the rainy season is coming to a close. We really need things to dry up a bit around here! The yard finally dried up enough to mow yesterday. We really could have used a hay baler afterward!
My foot continues to "normalize". After talking to my physical therapist Friday, we decided I was ready to move forward on my own. So I'll be doing more walking and exercises at home, rather than continuing my therapy. I walked a mile yesterday and did pretty well. These hills in our neighborhood are helpful to give my foot a better workout than just walking on the track. After walking yesterday morning, I also bought groceries at Walmart and also went on a supply run to Sutherland for the guys. After all that, my foot was definitely complaining! The swelling has just about quit though. I haven't been wearing my compression brace much at all. My main issues now are just flexibility and soreness.
Guess that's about all for now. Hope your week goes well and you all can enjoy this beautiful sunshine!




No comments:
Post a Comment