![]() |
| The little half wall you see in the foreground is where my bar will be. |
I picked up my orthotics Thursday. I'm still in the "break-in" period. My doctor recommends a very slow break-in process. So far, I haven't had any real problems, so I'm wearing them up to 45 minutes at a time, a couple of times a day. Once I can wear them for 5 hours straight, they will be ok to wear all the time. Even as early on as the process is, I think I can tell that they will help my foot. I seem to be able to walk with more ease in them. I've been wearing over-the-counter inserts since I started walking again, so I think that is helping me get used to them. I didn't do my walking this past week, except for one day. I've been doing so much standing around on concrete that my foot has been sorer than normal, so I've wimped out! I really need to get back to 3 times a week!
Sheila is coming over this afternoon, so we can do a CASA visit. After supper, we plan to go watch "Finding Dora". She is house sitting tonight, so we won't be staying over, but she'll be back tomorrow for Father's Day. I always look forward to her visits! We really miss her since she moved to FW, but she is great about coming back for frequent visits.
Daddy and Bobbie stopped by yesterday on their way from Spur to Saginaw. They both seem to be doing pretty well. Daddy has been working in his garden, and Bobbie has been cleaning and reorganizing around her house. Her shoulder is much better, but she still has pain when she tries to crochet.
Well, once again, I hope my next post shows some progress on my cabinets! I'm still having to learn patience...seems to be a life-long struggle for me!


No comments:
Post a Comment