![]() |
| Don't you love my concrete floors?! |
Saturday was a full day of activity! After breakfast, we headed to Weatherford to meet up with Sheila to have family pictures made. It was a beautiful day (albeit quite warm and humid!) for the project! Our photographer was super at working with the boys. It wasn't easy to try to get both of them smiling at the camera at the same time...or to be still long enough! I can't wait to see what he managed to get!!! I've been wanting to have family pictures made for a long time. The last time we had some made was when the kids were still in school. I'm glad we waited until now, though, since we will have both of our sweet grandsons in them.
![]() |
| So nice to be able to run around after the photo shoot! |
After the photo shoot, we let the boys play in the park for awhile. They loved chasing after the ducks and goose! It didn't take long, though, for us adults to be ready to get out of the heat. We stopped for some lunch, meeting up with Heather and Cara, and then came home. We all enjoyed playing with the boys all afternoon. I had saved the big box that my sink came in, which the boys LOVED! It was hilarious to watch them "hiding" inside of it!
It didn't take long until it was time to start getting ready for Sheila's party. It was so nice to be able to work in my kitchen again. It is still awkward, because all of my supplies are scattered around between the new pantry, storage closet and guest room. But we got the food ready and guests began arriving around 4:30. After most of them had arrived, we played a game of Madlibs that I had made up for the occasion. I was the one who was taking down all of the answers (and could see what the end result was going to be). I couldn't stop laughing!!! I couldn't even begin to read the final story, so Jessica volunteered for the job. It was hilarious!
Jessica had supplied some giant "30" balloons for the party. After supper and cake, I let the boys have them to play with. They were entertained by that for the rest of the time they were awake! Then after they were put down to bed, the adults started playing with them! Great find, Jessica!!!
![]() |
| I couldn't get the balloons to be still long enough for a decent picture! |
At one point, during the evening, I looked down at the girls all huddled together on the living room floor and was flooded by feelings of nostalgia. It felt just like when they were all in their teens and early 20's and we'd have a houseful of kids here. Time sure has flown by quickly! I'm so very thankful for the special relationship that these girls have maintained over the years!
Folks started drifting away around 10:00 until it was just Sheila, Cara, Heather and I left up. Cara was passed out on the floor and Heather ended up falling asleep on the couch, while Sheila and I talked until midnight. I love my special time with my girl! What a wonderful way to end the day!
Everyone left after morning services yesterday (except for Sheila, who stayed until after the afternoon service). I crashed for the rest of the evening, and Dennis and I decided to take the day off today! Time to recuperate a little before getting back into the job of renovating. Believe me, we will be taking it a lot slower from here on. No more 10-12 hour days, Lord willing!!! The whole experience can be summed up by a statement Heather made during the weekend, as we talked about what we had been doing, "You guys are CRAZY!"



No comments:
Post a Comment