Progress is steadily being made in the kitchen. NO IT ISN'T FINISHED YET! I must get asked that question at least a couple of times a week. You have to realize, Dennis is doing ALL of the work himself. Building custom cabinets is VERY slow, painstaking work. Plus we do have a life outside of remodeling our house. AND Dennis is no spring chicken anymore. Although he does a great job and works hard, he doesn't work 8 or 10 hours straight (anymore...he did when we were trying to get the kitchen functional for Sheila's birthday). He is retired and likes to take his time! Believe me, you will definitely hear about it when my kitchen is completely finished! I will be shouting it from the rooftop! I really do appreciate everyone's interest in our project, but please realize that this is a long-term do-it-yourself project.
![]() |
| Taking a break! |
Sheila spent Friday night over, because we had a visit with our CASA kiddos on Saturday. After that, we and Dennis went to watch the new Star Trek movie. (Loved it!) Then she came and spent Monday night with us, because we had court Tuesday morning. Enjoyed the extra time together!
When Dennis and I got home from Arlington Monday, Daddy and Bobbie were in our driveway. Sure glad we made it back before they left! They were on their way back to Saginaw for a few days. We enjoyed their visit. They are both doing well.
We are planning to go to Paris on Thursday. Dennis has an appointment with Stephen to go over our portfolio on Friday, plus we will get to see our sweet grandsons. Looking forward to it! I'm hoping Shepherd will remember us from Sheila's birthday.
I'm improving on my walks with Dennis. We are trying to go 3 times a week, but we don't always manage to work it in. We are currently walking about 2 miles. I do really well while we are walking...able to keep up a brisk pace...but I pay for it the rest of the day and into the following day (which is why I can't walk every day, yet). I ended up having to take some Tylenol last night in order to go to sleep, because my foot was hurting so bad. Usually I can just rub some anti-inflammatory gel on it and it settles down. Most of the time, the pain is slight enough that I don't even notice it. It does let me know about it at times though! I did good going down the stairs at the courthouse yesterday. Descending stairs has been one of the hardest things for me to be able to do well. The Palo Pinto courthouse has 3 flights of steps to go up and down from the district courtroom to the basement level (which is what I always climb). I was able to go down all three flights NORMALLY!!! Oh, happy day!!! No club footed walking, no semi-hopping, just smooth walking down each step. So I really am making progress, although it doesn't always seem like it!
Well, I guess that's about all for now. Hope your week goes well!



No comments:
Post a Comment