It has been a slow week as far as kitchen work goes. Dennis has started working on drawers. He has the gliders in for 3 drawers in my bar area. He forgot to buy a router bit that he needs in order to make the drawers the last time he went to Rocklers, so he had to make a special trip back over there today to get that. Hopefully I'll have a few operational drawers completed before the weekend is over!
Sunday was our regular 5th Sunday potluck and singing. Donnie Wilson was our guest speaker. We enjoyed having him and Tammy here to visit. We really don't get to see them very often and enjoy it when we do!
We drove over to Haslet to meet with the Henrietta Creek church on Wednesday night. It had been a couple of months since we'd last been there. It was good to visit with all of them! Teddy and Leslie had gotten news on their adoption this week, so we spent a lot of time talking about the baby, and baby showers and such. Labor Day is also rapidly approaching, so we discussed plans for that, too. Good times!
It has been a very stressful week for one of my CASA cases. I've been very busy dealing with the different people involved in the case and trying to help however I can. Things are not as I like them to be, but I'm hopeful that it will all turn out in the end. Prayers are definitely appreciated! (Sorry I can't give any details!)
Ricky turned 28 this week. Sheila came over and we took him out for a steak dinner to the Mesquite Pit. That boy does like steak! We got him a tabletop easel and some new paints. I can't wait to see what he'll do with them!
I've gotten in a couple of walks, so far, this week. I decided, on my walk yesterday, to do a little less intensity. That really seemed to help with the pain level afterwards! I feel like as long as I'm still getting in my 2 miles that it doesn't matter if I walk a little slower. Maybe I can even walk on consecutive days this way. I hope to try it again tonight and see how it goes. The recovery progress is very slow and almost imperceptible at this point. But I see little things that show that I am still getting better. I noticed this week that my foot no longer hurts when I put on my sleeping brace at night. It used to ache to the point that I needed to use anti-inflammatory gel on it...or even take some Tylenol. But this week, it hasn't given me any trouble! Woo-hoo!
This is my bad time of year for allergies. This week has been rough...bad drainage causing nausea, sneezing, sinus headaches. From now through the first part of September is usually when I suffer the most with them. It took me years to figure it out! I would always feel bad and/or get sick Labor Day weekend. I just thought it was Oklahoma! LOL! Finally it dawned on me that it was allergies from grass and weeds. I usually end up having to get medicine for a sinus infection. I'm hoping to avoid that this year!
I'm expecting a package from The Container Store today. I use my cashback points from our Discover card to get gift cards from them. I had saved up enough to get a pretty substantial order this past time. I plan to work on my pantry when it arrives and get it all reorganized. I love things that help me organize! I function so much better when I have a designated place for everything, and everything is neatly in its place!
Last weekend, when we were in Paris, I made my normal visit to Hobby Lobby to get some yarn. I had an afghan that I wanted to make for Sheila. The only yarn that I could find in the colors that I wanted was the "I Love that Cotton" yarn that I use for making my dishrags. I decided it might make a nice summer-weight blanket and bought up a bunch. (I also knew that any left over could be used for dishrags.) I started crocheting on it Saturday, after working out my design. I finished it up by mid-week! It has been awhile since I crocheted anything. Guess I was missing it! :)
Well, the day is going to get away from me if I'm not careful. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay cool (or at least try to)!

No comments:
Post a Comment