After my last post, Sheila informed me that she had received her home study approval! Now the adoption process is REAL!!! She has already sent in her paperwork to the US Dept. of Immigration. After they approve it, she will submit her dossier to the Vietnamese government for approval. We are still looking at MANY months of waiting, but it is great to see progress being made. I received my passport about a week or so ago. I am planning to go with Sheila to Vietnam! I am SO looking forward to meeting my newest grandson and being able to see where he has been living. We have a couple of fundraisers going on to help Sheila with the expenses. There is a t-shirt fundraiser, which Sheila hopes to make a memory book about...showing everyone who purchased a shirt wearing them. That way Josiah will be able to look back in years to come to see the people who cared enough to help bring him home. To purchase a t-shirt, you can click on this link:
https://www.bonfirefunds.com/waiting-for-josiah. We are also planning a yard sale on Sept. 17. Friends have donated items to sell, as well as the things that I'm thinning out around here, and all of the money raised will be used for the adoption.
All of my kitchen cabinets (innards) are finished!!! Woo-hoo! Dennis has gone to pick up the tiles for the back splash, which will be our next project. Things will start looking very different from here on out.
 |
| pots/pans drawer |
 |
| casserole dish drawer |
 |
| assorted Pyrex dishes and strainers |
 |
| spice drawer...I LOVE IT!!! |
 |
| East wall of kitchen |
 |
| I tried to get all of the kitchen in this shot. |
 |
| West wall of kitchen |
 |
I LOVE VERTICAL STORAGE!
|
Highway Church of Christ will be holding our annual Fall Meeting on October 21-23. We don't have all of the details worked out yet, but I'll be posting information on Facebook as it becomes available. Our assemblies will be Friday evening at 7:00, Saturday at 3:00, and Sunday at 10:30 and 3:00. Lunch will be provided both Saturday and Sunday at the Millsap Community Center, as well as snacks/dessert after the Saturday afternoon service. Looking forward to a good weekend of fellowship and edification!
Just 2 more days until Labor Day Weekend Gathering! We always enjoy our time spent at this special event. There is always a ton of good food and a lot of great visitation. This year will be extra special, because Teddy and Leslie's new baby will be there! I'm sure Bellamy will be the center of attention.
Well, I guess that about wraps up what's going on here. I hope to see a lot of you this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment