![]() |
| I LOVE having a drawer just for lids! |
![]() |
| Now you know...I do NOT iron napkins! |
Dennis also finished my knife drawer last night, just before bedtime. I lined it with cork and started cutting out the pieces for making the knife holder. I didn't get it finished, but I think you'll get the idea of how it will work. I've been moving things into the drawers as he gets them installed. It isn't exactly the way it will be when he finishes...I'll do some moving and rearranging as the rest of them get done. It is SO nice to have things handy, for now, though!
![]() |
| Still a work in progress! |
I reorganized my pantry on Monday. I'm enjoying getting things lined out where I can go right to what I need. I've got my little cabinet by the stove pretty much the way I want it, with my "everyday" staples right at hand. My pantry design seems to be working well, too. Of course, it will be tweaked as needed. Dennis still has one more high shelf to add, plus he will extend the shelves around the sides of the pantry. That will allow me even more room to put things! I'm loving having all of this extra space!!!
Bobbie had her knee replacement surgery on Tuesday morning, so we were in Ft. Worth by 7:00. I had a project that I was working on for the baby shower that I took to give me something to do while we were waiting. (I'll share a picture after the shower.) Things went well with the surgery...only took about an hour! They had her in her room well before noon.
We spent Wednesday morning working around the house. After lunch, I needed to go apply for my passport (Weatherford is the closest place), so we stopped there on our way back to see Bobbie. It ended up taking a lot longer than I expected. I had to wait in line for almost an hour. I never knew so many people got passports! I finally got through with that and we then spent a couple of hours sitting with Daddy and Bobbie. She had a rough day that day...a lot of pain and disorientation. They finally were able to get her comfortable, and she managed to get in both of her physical therapy sessions for the day. We left around supper time and then had a date night...dinner and a movie. It had been a long time since we'd done that. The diversion was quite enjoyable (and needed!).
Bobbie is doing much better now and is being moved to rehab sometime today. I looked at the facility online, and it is gorgeous! I hope she enjoys it and her therapy goes well. She is anxious to get back home!
I've gotten in 3 walks, so far, this week! I did our usual 2 miles Monday morning. Tuesday evening, we walked out at the state park, which was really nice!!! Then I did my 2 miles yesterday morning. I hope to get another walk in either tonight or in the morning. It isn't much fun in this heat, but it certainly is good for my foot, as well as the rest of me!
Tomorrow evening is Teddy and Leslie's baby shower. I'm really looking forward to celebrating with them and seeing all of the cute things they will be getting for their expected little one!
Well, I guess I'd better get busy with my day. I'm feeling kinda lazy this morning! Looking forward to some rain this weekend and cooler temperatures for next week. Sure hope the weatherman is right about that! These 104 degree days are getting old! Take care and be careful out there!







No comments:
Post a Comment