Saturday, August 20, 2016

A very busy week!

There has been a lot going on this week, so we didn't get much accomplished in the kitchen.  Dennis' Uncle Hollis passed away last weekend, so we left Monday to go to his funeral.  Since Paris was practically on the way, we dropped by and visited with the family for a few hours.  The boys continue to grow more every time we see them.  Jesse is getting to where he can carry on a conversation now, so it is really fun to chat with him.  He enjoyed telling us all about their recent trip.  I had Skyped with the boys on Sunday evening.  I told Jesse that he needed to come see me.  He said he would get in the car and come "but not in the airplane".  I guess he wasn't very impressed with flying!  Ha!  Shepherd is growing like a weed!  He is about to catch up with Jesse!  He is learning new words all the time and can say a few sentences.  ("I love you" is my personal favorite!)  It was great to have some time to spend with them.  Mandy also prepared us a delicious supper, and then we were back on the road.  As we drove east, the setting sun cast the most amazing rainbow that I think I've ever seen.  It was a full arch and bright as neon...and a double!  The best part was that it stayed right in front of us for a LONG time...until the sun finally disappeared behind us.  What a blessing!

After the visitation and funeral on Tuesday, we headed back home.  It was about 8:00 before we made it home that night.  All of the time spent in the car allowed me plenty of time to work on Leslie and Teddy's baby blanket.  I got it finished last night.  I still need to press it before giving it to them...hopefully tomorrow.  I'm planning to go with Sheila to Henrietta Creek for services.  I always enjoy my visits over there!

I had court one day this week, plus a couple of CASA visits.  I also had another court report to do and turn in.  It seems like my court dates all fall close together, so that when one report is due, another one or two follow directly afterward!  Two of my cases should be drawing to a close by the end of September (I HOPE!).  We are just waiting on paperwork to be approved before adoption or PMC is granted.  The process takes much longer than it feels like it should, but I've learned that nothing happens in a timely manner in these cases.

Dennis left last night, along with Kyle and Parker, to go to Spur for the weekend.  He is taking Bobbie's new dishwasher out there to install for them, as well as work on stands and feeders.  They may even kill a hog, if the opportunity presents itself!  If time permits, Daddy and Bobbie are also wanting him to cut a hole in the wall of their bedroom and install a new a/c.  I really doubt they will have time for that this trip though.  Since he will be gone all weekend, Sheila and I are having a girls' weekend.  She came over last night, and we talked until midnight!  She has a CASA visit this morning, but we plan to spend the afternoon in FW.  She knows of a Vietnamese restaurant that she wants me to try out.  She is learning all she can about the cuisine and culture of that country.  We hope to learn to cook some of the most common dishes.

We made a quick trip to see Bobbie yesterday.  She is doing much better!  She was sitting in her wheelchair playing dominoes with Daddy when we arrived.  She is now is a "double" room, so that Daddy can stay all night with her.  She says that she is having very little pain (except for when doing therapy). 

We have enjoyed the rain and cooler temperatures this week!  The rain has also interfered with Dennis' work, but we did need it!  He moves his table saw outside onto the driveway to cut boards, so he has to stop working when it starts the slightest sprinkle.  He also can't go buy more lumber when it is raining, and he has run out of drawer making material.  Hoping for a few days of sunshine this next week...but also hope the cooler weather hangs around!

In spite of all the other things going on this week, Dennis still managed to make some progress in my kitchen.  He got the drawers to the left and right of my stove installed, which is a HUGE help!  He also started the facing on the final base cabinet, where my silverware drawer and drawers for casserole dishes will be.  It is so exciting to see how everything is going to look and to actually be able to store my things away in a handy and organized manner!  Here are some pics from this week:

I love having clutter-free counter space...and drawers!

This is my mini-pantry that holds all of the ingredients that I use on a daily basis...SO handy!

This is my miscellaneous drawer:  holds my measuring cups and spoons, hot pads and "junk".

My favorite drawer, so far.  It holds ALL my utensils in a neat, organized manner!

Hopefully this section will be filled in by the end of next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment