I had a wonderful weekend with Sheila! We went to FW, did some shopping, watched a movie and ate at a YUMMY Vietnamese restaurant on Saturday. Then Sunday, after the morning service, we went out to eat lunch with Diane B, Jessica and the Shiflets. Enjoyed our visit with them. After the 2nd service, WE GOT TO GO SEE TEDDY AND LESLIE'S BABY!!! She is adorable! We all took turns (more than just once) holding her. She slept through the whole thing. She finally woke up ready to eat, so we got to watch Daddy Teddy feed her for the first time. So sweet! I am SO happy for this sweet family! (And for Grandma Kay, aka Sassy!)

I got home that night just a little before the guys made it in from Spur. They had a very productive weekend...got both the dishwasher and a/c installed, and filled the deer feeders. They also killed a 4 ft. long rattlesnake and saw several horned toads. Of course, Parker had a blast! It was too wet (and they ran out of time) to re-erect his deer stand that had fallen over, so he'll have to make another trip out there soon. He is planning to buy a new shotgun this weekend to take with him next trip. He said they are having a bumper crop of quail this year!
This week, we have been able to concentrate on working on the kitchen for a change! Dennis only has 3 drawers left, and they are a new design...so he is having to figure out how to install them. Once he gets the first one (for my pans) worked out, the other two (kitchenware and spices) will go pretty smoothly. Then he'll do my vertical pan storage cabinet, and all of the cabinet innards will be done!!! Then we can move on to the finishing work...starting with the backsplash. Things will really start to look different at that point!
 |
| My coffee station (which will eventually be in the dining room) |
 |
| Kitchen linens drawer |
 |
| I finally completed my knife drawer |
 |
| My double decker silverware drawer |
 |
| Hard at work! |
Last week I didn't manage to get any walking done, with the traveling and rain. So Tuesday morning, Dennis and I started back in on our 2 mile walks. (I woke up feeling crummy from allergies on Monday.) Dennis was mowing the grass last night, so I did my walk by myself. I'm able to walk at a good, brisk rate now...enough to give me a good cardio workout. My foot ended up pretty sore when I went to bed last night...had to use my anti-inflammatory gel on it to be able to sleep. That stuff really works well though! I should be ready for another walk tomorrow. I really like being able to get in 3 walks a week.
Well, that about wraps up my week. How was yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment