Wednesday, September 14, 2016

New project, new case and yard sale prep

Things have been going slow, as far as working on the kitchen.  Dennis is busy with a new project right now.  Shepherd's 2nd birthday is coming up...his first since he's been home...and Dennis is building a special gift for him.  I'll let you see a picture after he's finished and we've given it to Shepherd.  I'm loving how it is turning out!

I had a CASA case close on the 1st of the month and received a new case the same day.  So last week was spent trying to "get up to snuff" on that case.  I visited my new young'un, read the case file and observed a visit...plus spent a LOT of time on the phone talking to people involved in the case.  The early part of a case is the busiest, by far.  There is normally less than 2 months between the Adversary Hearing (which took place 3 days before I was appointed to the case) and the Status Hearing (which is when the first court report is due).  Since our court reports have to be turned in 10 days before the hearing, that doesn't leave a lot of time to get to know all of the facts of the case, meet everyone and be able to explain the particulars of the case and participants for the judge.

I've also been getting ready for our yard sale to raise money for Sheila's adoption.  We have had a TON of stuff donated!  I've been trying to sort through and organize and price things.  It is looking like it may rain Saturday (80% chance), so I may have to postpone the sale until the next Saturday.  The only problem with that is I had already put an ad in the paper for this weekend!  I guess we'll just do what we have to do.  The t-shirt sale fundraiser has been very successful!  I'm excited to get my shirt and start to see all of the pictures posted from others who have purchased one.  The money raised will be a big help to Sheila with all of the expenses she is facing!

We did start on the backsplash in the kitchen last week.  We got all of the tile put up that we have...but we ran out and had to order more.  I actually enjoyed doing the tilework.  I'm not very helpful when it comes to carpentry work.  But I could do this!  It kind of reminded me of icing and decorating baked goods.  Ha!  We are waiting to do the grouting until we have all the tile up.  We went last night and bought the trim (or some of it...they didn't have enough for the whole job).  I think it is really going to look nice once we get it all up! 
This is where we ran out of tile.  This "window" also has to be faced before we can finish the tile around it.


This is what it will look like with the trim (with gray grout, also).






No comments:

Post a Comment