We still have a LOT of work to do at the Saginaw house! I'm HOPING that we can get an estate sale lined up to empty it out. There are still some things that we need to haul off to the dump though.
I went to Henrietta Creek for the afternoon service yesterday. Afterwards, Sheila and I went to the Omni Hotel in downtown Dallas. Diane B and Linda S also got a room there. It is a beautiful hotel and very comfortable...and just about 3 blocks from the courthouse where the adoption was this morning. After we all got settled into our rooms, the four of us met up downstairs in the Texas Spice restaurant in the hotel. The food was delicious, and we had a nice table by the (glass) outside wall with a perfect view of the outdoor fireplace. We enjoyed our dinner and sat and visited for a couple of hours! Then we all went up to Diane and Linda's room on the 23rd floor to see the view at night. We ended up talking until 11:00! We all really enjoyed our time together!
This morning, we met up again after breakfast and walked to the courthouse. It is quite different from the one in Palo Pinto! We had to go through security, and I was "detained" for having some cuticle scissors and a nail file in my purse. After I FINALLY found them (after almost having to empty out my purse), I relinquished the offending weapons and we were allowed to proceed. Ray M was also a problem because of his suspenders! I'm definitely not used to that kind of security!
There were about 25 of us that turned out for Bellamy's adoption. We all waited around and visited (and played with Miss Bellamy!) until their case was called. The consummation was short and sweet, and then the obligatory pictures were taken of the new family and friends. There were quite a few happy tears shed! Then we all said our good-byes and headed back toward home.
![]() |
| During the testimony |
![]() |
| Picking out a toy afterwards |
The gang's all here!
|



No comments:
Post a Comment