Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Upcoming move, health update, and more remodeling

Well, things are coming together on Daddy and Bobbie's move.  They have signed the lease on their apartment, and we should be able to start moving in on Friday.  Bobbie got out of rehab yesterday.  Hope she manages to stay home all week!

I had my dental procedure done first thing Friday morning, and it went great!  Immediately after my gums "woke up", they felt better than they had in a good while.  The area where the oral surgeon worked has been a little tender, but not bad at all.  He removed the bone flake, grinded done the surface underneath, and then put in three stitches to close the gums.  The stitches have already dissolved and I'm able to eat normally.  So glad to have that taken care of!

Sheila spent Friday night, and then we went to Saginaw on Saturday.  We went through Daddy's house to get a good idea of what was there and what was needed to be done.  It is going to be a big job!  We then went to rehab to visit, and I had an insurance form that I needed to fill out with Daddy.  When he was getting up to get his meds for me to list, he started to fall.  I reached out my arm to steady him and was amazed how light he was.  He only weighs 145 pounds!  I'm hoping that he will put on some weight once they get settled at Brookdale.  I know that neither of them have been eating like they should.  Having 3 good meals a day served should really help!

Dennis and Ricky are working on the house again.  They finished putting up sheetrock in the dining room (except for the north wall, which Dennis has to do some special woodwork on) and got it taped and floated.  This morning, they are replacing the door leading into the garage with a new 36" one.  One of the things we are doing with this remodel is getting our house handicap accessible...for when we'll need it.  They hope to finish that and get all the walls and ceiling ready for painting in the dining room and laundry rooms (and the north wall of the living room).  Once we get the dining room and laundry rooms finished, we can put in the flooring.  I'm really looking forward to that!

I finally had my heart scan done yesterday that I was supposed to have done last month.  When I went the first time, my heart rate was too fast for them to be able to do the test.  I had to get my doctor to prescribe a medication to slow my pulse to an acceptable level.  I haven't heard the results yet.  It is supposed to let me know if I have any plaque buildup in my arteries.  If it checks out good, then I'm ok for 6 months before having to see my cardiologist again.  My blood pressure is doing great, and I'm pretty much "conditioned" to my meds now.  I still get a little light-headed occasionally if I get up too fast, but I no longer feel tired and weak all the time. 

Sheila and I plan to spend the night in Dallas Sunday night, so we can attend Bellamy's adoption Monday morning.  I'm super excited to be able to be there to celebrate this joyous occasion!  She is such a little doll, and I'm so very happy for their family!  I LOVE ADOPTIONS!!!

Well, I guess that's about all for now.  I hope things are going well in your lives.  I hope to have some pictures for my next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment