Things have been pretty crazy around here lately. Bobbie is supposed to get out of the hospital today and be moved into rehab again...just waiting on insurance approval. We are also supposed to be taking them to tour the assisted living facility that we've found. We are hoping to get them signed up before the 14th to move in, as they have a great promotional incentive going right now. The timing is perfect. (God really has a way of smoothing out a path!) This place normally has a 6 month waiting list, but they have 2 units of the right size that are currently available. Plus the promotion will save them $8000 in the first 6 months! Hoping we are able to get everything worked out soon. They have been much more cooperative than we expected with all of this. They don't like the idea, but I think they both realize that they really don't have any other good option. We have to find a way to keep Bobbie out of the hospital! This place is such a good fit for them, too. They even have a garden plot where Daddy can grow whatever he wants! It is also only 25 minutes from our house, instead of an hour or more...and about half the distance for Tonette than Saginaw. We still have a lot of logistics to work out, but it is looking promising right now.
I started having a problem with my gums about a month ago. I thought it was just a bone or tooth fragment working its way to the surface. About a week ago, it starting getting a lot worse. The piece sticking out of my gums started cutting my tongue every time I speak, eat or swallow. I went to the dentist yesterday. No one in his office has ever seen anything like what is going on. It looks like a sharp edge of my jawbone has worked its way through my gums. My dentist has referred me to an oral surgeon, who will probably have to file down the bone, so it won't continue to cut my tongue. I don't guess they will be able to do anything about the surface of the bone that is already exposed (which is about the size of a tooth). Being a dental oddity is not my idea of fun!
With everything else going on, the house has been ignored for a good while. I've barely been home long enough to even keep up with routine cleaning! I finally made it to the grocery store yesterday. I don't know when we'll be able to get back to remodeling! If Daddy and Bobbie move into this assisted living, we will have our hands full of cleaning out houses and trying to sell the house in Saginaw. Dennis and I joke all the time about those people who like to ask, "Do you have trouble finding enough to keep you busy now that you are retired?" Not a problem!
No comments:
Post a Comment