Our "official duties" have all been done and we are heading west in the morning. Woo-hoo! I don't know when I've been more ready for a vacation. We plan to spend 2 nights with Lawrence and Sharon and then leave Texas first thing Monday morning. We will have no cell phone service where we're going, and no internet for most of the trip, so I'll do my vacation pictures posting where we return. We plan to see some awesome sights over the next week! And the temperatures are supposed to dip down into the 30's where we'll be. It sounds WONDERFUL!
Got some more jerky made yesterday, so we have about 2 gallons made up. Probably won't take all of it with us, but we do eat a lot of jerky on these kind of trips. Where we'll be there are only one or two restaurants, so we'll be doing a lot of snacking. We always carry lunches with us when we are out exploring.
I took Daddy to his pain management specialist and also for a venous reflux ultrasound in his legs this week. The pain management doctor wants to hold off doing anything more until we see a kidney specialist first. I made an appointment for him to see one right after we get back from vacation. His kidney function continues to decline, so we need to find out what's going on and what we can do about it. Still haven't heard the results of the test they did. We will also see his primary care doctor when we get back, who will have the test results. Daddy has four doctor appointments that week! Hopefully they will slow down after that!
Ricky came over for supper last night, and we had a good visit with him. He is really doing well on his job!
Today was our annual CASA advocate appreciation luncheon. I missed the last couple of years, but I really wanted to be there this year. I was very pleased with the award recipients! The CPS caseworker who won Caseworker of the Year is the one that I've been working with on my current case. I just love working with her! I was really hoping that she would win. Dennis was the official photographer for the event, which gave him something to do. (He doesn't like going to stuff like that.) I enjoyed visiting with some of the other advocates and staff and other guests...and I always love the "freebies" that they give us!
Afterwards, we ran by Brookdale one last time before leaving for a week. The folks were doing well. I had a picture to show Daddy that Jesse had sent him via Stephen's phone. It was of a minion blowing a kiss to him. Daddy really got a kick out of that! Stephen told me that it was completely Jesse's idea to send it, which was awfully sweet. He has only seen Daddy about once or twice a year (mostly at Thanksgiving). The boys had sent pics to Dennis and I this week, too, so I guess he decided Great-Grandad needed one, too! Such a sweetie!
Dennis and I got our flu vaccines this week, so I am all caught up on my immunizations for our trip to Vietnam, except for the typhoid shot. Sheila and I plan to wait on that one until late October. We have to go to a special clinic to get it.
Been ordering stuff for Sheila's adoption shower over the past week. Gina and Jessica are throwing one for her in early October. It is SO hard not to buy too much! I check her "wish list" every day to see what has been purchased so far.
Well, I guess that's all for now. I hope to have some gorgeous pictures to share when we return in a little over a week (provided by Dennis, of course). See you on the other side!
No comments:
Post a Comment