Sunday, October 15, 2017

A lot of "showering" going on!


What a great weekend! Sheila came over Friday for supper and spent the night. Yesterday morning, we headed over to Gina’s for her adoption shower. Gina had decorated things up SO cute! She and Jessica did a great job hosting the party. Gina served us some delicious food and Vietnamese coffee, and Jessica had a couple of fun activities that were also very meaningful. It was a small crowd, but we all enjoyed our visit, and Sheila got some great stuff for Nam. We were so late getting home from the party, that the guys had already gone out for Dennis’ birthday lunch. He turned 65 on Saturday. Ricky took him to eat bbq at the Natty Flatt Smokehouse here in MW. Later that afternoon, he headed out to one of his hunting spots (after having waited to buy his license until that morning…so he could get the senior price of $7!). He saw several deer but decided not to take one. It was pretty hot that afternoon and he was hoping for a better opportunity.

The personalized blanket on the rocker was Gina's gift to Sheila...so pretty!

I really liked this gift from Gwen!


Last night, we fried shrimp for his birthday supper. Sheila bought the ingredients and helped me prepare the shrimp and French fries and coleslaw. He was one happy man when he walked in and smelled supper!

This morning, I drove to Henrietta Creek to spend the day with our church family over there.  They were throwing another shower for Sheila, along with having a potluck, at Diane’s house. It was a good turnout! Sheila got a lot MORE great stuff for Nam…even a bicycle! The church there has been such a great support for Sheila throughout this whole process. I am so thankful that she has them!



I headed home after the afternoon assembly, so I could have supper with Dennis. On my way, I stopped by Daddy’s old house to see how much progress they had made on fixing it up. It is barely recognizable! It looks great! I can’t wait until they put it on the market so that I can see pictures of the inside.


This will be another pretty full week. I take my aunt to the doctor in FW tomorrow. I’m looking forward to spending the day with her! I always enjoy our visits. Wednesday, I go back to FW for a CASA visit. Then Thursday and Friday, Daddy will have the cancer on his nose removed and a skin graft done where it is excised.
We are HOPING that we get word on Nam’s adoption date this week…or maybe next week. We have already sent in our visa applications and should have them back in about a week. All we have left to do is make our reservations (when we have the date) and pack. I’m starting to get a little nervous…and very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment