I am finally feeling human again today! It has been a rough week, but I think I'm on the mend. I had a nasty stomach bug that just wouldn't let go. I finally managed to sleep straight through from 1-7 this morning, which felt pretty terrific. I'm not feeling sick and seem to be able to manage solid foods again...just pretty weak and tired. I hope NOBODY else gets this stuff!
With my illness, and Sheila and Nam's trip to San Antonio last weekend, we went just over a week without keeping (or even seeing) Nam. I really missed that kid!!! Dennis picked him up this morning. When he came in and gave me a hug, telling me that he loved me, I started bawling. He has been SO sweet and loving all morning. He really missed us, too! I have gotten more hugs and kisses and "I love you's" this morning that I have in many weeks!
Dennis bought a special tool that allows him to make Lincoln logs, so he has made up a bunch in the past week to supplement the small set that Nam already had. They have spent most of the morning building houses. That kid really loves to build things!
Ricky's biopsy went ok. When he showed up, they had only planned to do the ultrasound and schedule the biopsy for later. He calmly explained that he wasn't leaving until they did it! He would wait all day, if necessary, but he couldn't keep taking half days off work. They ended up doing it! They drained a lot of black fluid from the tumor, which the doctor didn't quite know what to make of. He said it could be old blood. Before Ricky left, the fluid had already started refilling. It is about back to the size it was already. He won't get the biopsy results until he goes back next Wednesday. They were able to reschedule his surgery in a surgery center, rather than the hospital that they had originally planned to use, when they found out he was uninsured. That will save him a LOT of money! He has already received some financial assistance from a couple of congregations, with the promise of more to come. That is a huge relief! It is such a blessing to see the generosity of others when there is a need!
Well, that's about all that's been going on around here. Hope things have been a bit more pleasant where you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment