Saturday, December 29, 2018

Getting ready for 2019!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and special times with family!

We enjoyed having Amber here for a few days. Nam was pretty jealous at first...didn't want Ricky touching her...but he eventually warmed up. Now he treats her like part of the family. She and Ricky are up at the Spunky Creek meeting this weekend. I hope the weather stays good for everyone who has traveled up there!

I really enjoyed my Christmas Eve at Sheila's apartment. Matt's boys didn't come, so it was just the four of us. Sheila cooked some Vietnamese chicken and bought some takeout eggrolls for a yummy supper. We opened gifts, and then Matt and Nam spent most of their evening putting Legos together, while Sheila and I watched movies. The guys did watch some, too. Matt had never seen "It's a Wonderful Life" (yeah, really!), so he was interested in watching it with us. Nam watched most of it, too...asking hundreds of questions! When Clarence made his appearance, Nam wanted to know where his sword was (because angels carry swords to fight evil, you know!). At the end, when the bell rang and Clarence got his wings, Nam said, "He got his sword?" Haha! That kid!

I came on home Christmas day, and Dennis and I had a quiet day with just the two of us. Stephen and the boys did call us that evening, which was a treat! I love the age that the boys are right now. They are quite interesting conversationalists! I get such a kick when I ask them (as I always do) when they are coming to see me, and they always ask their dad if they can come tomorrow...or right now?! With everything going on, I'm not sure when we'll actually be able to work in a visit, but I'm hoping it will be SOON!

We are supposed to keep Nam M, W and F next week...unless Sheila works out something different with Gina for her day. Nam hasn't been to her house these past couple of weeks, and he is really missing her! Sheila and Nam and Matt and Caleb are coming over Tuesday for New Years. We are doing our shrimp/crab leg boil. I look forward to this every year! After that, I plan to really cut back on our eating around here. The holidays are not good for my eating habits! I went for a checkup Thursday, and my doctor got on to me. He said to work on my diet and exercise! Not that I didn't already know that, but I still don't like hearing it! I told Nam, "No more snickerdoodles!" He didn't much care for that either!

Dennis killed another dear this week. We gave away the doe that he killed in Brownwood, so we have 2 bucks to butcher next week. Right now, my freezer is too full to put anything else in it. After our seafood boil, I'll have to do some rearranging...and send some meat over to Sheila!

Still no word from Ricky's genetic test. I'm sure the holidays have slowed the process down considerably! We're still assuming his surgery will be Jan. 30.

Bobbie fell Sunday evening and spent a few hours in the ER. Nothing was broken, so they sent her back home. She and Daddy had spent the day over here, and I think she was just worn out. We may have to start limiting them to just attending the morning assemblies. They both wear out so easily.

I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year! Let's all work to make it a kinder and gentler one as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment