There has sure been a lot of sickness going around! Nam had a cold all last week. Dennis and Ricky both came down with it over the weekend. Dennis is feeling better, but Rick is having a harder time of it. Sheila has felt bad with it all this week, too. She ended up staying home from work yesterday. I went and picked up Nam and kept him most of the day, so she could rest. It seems like just about everyone has someone in their family with some kind of bug right now.
We are still waiting on confirmation on Ricky's diagnosis. Both biopsies were inconclusive, so we are waiting on the genetic test results. Hopefully we'll know for sure next Wednesday.
The Howard girls had their surgeries Tuesday. I decided Wednesday would be a good time for me to go visit, so I picked up Nam from school and just took him home. That gave me a headstart when Sheila got home for driving to Dallas. The girls both looked great! I enjoyed visiting with them and Rob and Charlotte. Don and Suzie's family was there when I arrived. Don had to come rescue me as I was trying to find the right elevators to take up to their floor. It was good to see them, too, and have a chance to visit a little.
Ricky went for his swallow test Friday. He has really bad inflammation from acid reflux. They gave him guidelines for drastically changing his diet, plus he has to start taking medication. He is supposed to avoid spicy, acidic and fried foods...and caffeine. So he pretty much can't eat anything that he likes! He is really doing well with everything though. He is prepared for dealing with a cancer diagnosis and has a great attitude. He has gotten a lot of financial assistance already, with the promise of more to come. I am so very thankful to everyone who has sent help to pay for his medical needs! I'm also very thankful for all of the prayers and well wishes being offered for him. The outpouring of love and support has been amazing!
Dennis went hunting in Brownwood this week. He left Wednesday morning and came back tonight. He killed a doe and a very nice 8 point buck. He had planned to stay until tomorrow, but circumstances made him decide to come back early. He really didn't want to kill anything else, so it wasn't a big deal to come on home. With these two deer, that makes three for the season, so far. If we decide we want more, there is always muzzleloader season in January!
I got a call from Brookdale right after lunch today, and Daddy had fallen. Thankfully, Ricky was off work, so he stayed here and kept Nam while I drove to Weatherford to take Daddy to the ER. He checked out fine, just tore the skin up on his elbow really bad. They cleaned it up and put steristrips on it to try to hold the skin over the raw flesh. Then they wrapped it up with non-adhesive bandages. His blood pressure went pretty high again, but it does that every time he has to go to the ER...plus he had missed his 2:00 BP meds. The ER gave him his normal dose and it started slowing coming back down to where they felt comfortable letting him go. I got him back to Brookdale just in time for supper, then rushed home and hurriedly cooked up a pot of chicken and dumplings for my guys. Dennis got in just a little after I did. Nam was one happy boy to have his Grandad back home! He really missed him!
Sheila's work had their Christmas party tonight, so Nam is spending the night here. She'll come over tomorrow around lunchtime and hang out until Amber arrives, so they can visit some. Amber is going to be in town all week. She is spending some of her time here and some at her family's. Ricky is going with her for their Christmas dinner on Tuesday. I'm going to spend Monday night with Sheila and Nam. We did that last year, and Nam wanted to make sure we did the same thing this year. Matt and his boys will come over for supper and opening presents and watching Christmas movies. Then Sheila and Nam will spend Christmas Day with his family. So Dennis and I will have a quiet Christmas day by ourselves. I'm putting off our (traditional) shrimp and crab boil (and key lime pie) until New Years Day. Matt and the boys are supposed to be coming over to spend that day with us. Things, they are a-changing!
I hope all of your enjoy your time with family! Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment