Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day 2019


I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother’s Day weekend! Sheila and Matt invited us out Friday night to celebrate. We went to their favorite Italian restaurant to eat (which is quickly becoming one of my favorites) and then back to their house to visit. I love seeing how happy they all are with their new family. Sheila is definitely making her mark on everything. It’s funny how things work out. We’ve “known” Matt for 20 years, but we are just now really getting to know him. I’m so happy that he and Sheila found each other. He is a wonderful husband and dad…and son-in-law! I really enjoy the time that we get to spend with them.

Saturday was spent with Amber, and all of the ladies in her family, shopping for wedding attire. Her mom and sisters (and niece!) had driven out for the weekend. We all went to lunch together, along with Linda (Nana) and then met up with Heather and Maddi at the bridal boutique to dress shop. We all enjoyed little Claire, who was a perfect little angel the whole trip. Amber tried on several dresses, and looked gorgeous in all of them. Then she stepped out of the dressing room, and all of us said, “This is the one!” It was perfect for her! After doing some further shopping for bridesmaid dresses and wedding shoes, we met up with Ricky back in Weatherford for supper and ice cream. It was such a fun day!

Ricky and Amber stayed at Highway yesterday to celebrate Mother’s Day with Leanne and I. We all went out together for lunch and continued our visit. Since we were all together, we were able to start talking wedding plans, which is exciting. I am really enjoying growing closer to these old friends who are now becoming our family!

My Mother’s Day ended on a high note with a long phone call from Stephen. The boys also chimed in their greetings, which I loved! As all of you mothers know, that’s what is great about Mother’s Day. It isn’t the gifts, it is the connection. Spending time with the people who made you a mother, sharing stories, reaffirming your love for one another. That is what makes the day special!

Today is our day off. I enjoyed sleeping in a little later than normal (especially since I was up at 4:00 yesterday morning with a sinus headache!). I’m still having some residual problems from allergies…having a little vertigo this morning. My sweet hubby had bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and had forgotten that I react badly to stargazer lilies. Hence the sinus headache yesterday and vertigo today. He did dispose of the lilies yesterday, but the effects haven’t worn off yet. He is still struggling with his sinus infection. He took his last antibiotic last night, so he’s having to call his doctor to get a refill. This infection is really hanging on with a vengeance! Hopefully he’ll start feeling better soon.

I hope all of you moms enjoyed your special day also. Have a good week and remember to count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment