Yesterday was a success! Daddy enjoyed the day with friends and family and was blown away with all of his cards. He would cry as he read each one. Stephen's family came for the occasion, as did Chad and Holly with their grandbaby, so all of his great-grandkids were there (except one). It was the happiest that I've seen him in a good while!
Bobbie wasn't able to go with us. She couldn't get out of her chair. She is so weak! She was NOT happy when we returned. Time has lost meaning for her, so she thought Daddy had been gone for days (actually, she said "six weeks!") instead of hours. I don't know how we can handle that from here on out, if she doesn't get any stronger. She wants Daddy with her at all times, but we can't take her to church if she can't do anything for herself. Getting old is just tough!
They seem to be adjusting fairly well to their new home. Daddy likes the food, and they play bingo 3 times a week. Of course, they have less independence now, which isn't easy to accept. I need to finish packing up his things and taking them to him today. Tomorrow, Rodney will come help move the rest of his furniture. (Dennis is still down in his back.) I'm hoping it will help to get all of their stuff moved to make it feel more like home. Of course, we won't be able to take nearly all of their things. Paring back is never easy for them! I'm hoping they make new friends quickly. They love having others to play games with.
We enjoyed the day with all of our grandkids yesterday, too! I got several big hugs from Caleb. I love that kid! Ian gave the lesson at the afternoon assembly. First time we've had the experience of listening to a grandson speak at church! I made Daddy's fried rice for the potluck. It was fun watching my grandkids enjoy it...especially little Gracie! Stephen's family came home with us and spent the night, so we got to enjoy them a little longer. It is always a treat to have them here!
We made it up to Alva last week for Vicki's funeral. It was hard "saying goodbye" to her. It about broke my heart to see Gray. He's going to miss her so much! She might have been a little woman, but she will leave a big hole in a lot of people's hearts, including my own.
Well, it is about time for me to start my week. There is still a lot to get done! I hope all of you are enjoying your Memorial Day...hopefully getting to share it with loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment