It was great to see all of our congregation last Sunday night. We all parked at the Sextons’ and stood our requisite 6 feet away from one another and caught up. It was Bethany’s birthday the next day, so we sang “Happy Birthday” to her. It was hard not to hug anyone though. I’d watch Judy walk from car to car speaking to everyone, and it was all I could do not to go to her and hold her arm to stabilize her! I don’t know how much longer this is going to last, but I know everyone will be so ready for REAL physical human connection when it is over!
Dennis and I met by ourselves this morning. I had a stomach bug or something, starting Thursday night and going through yesterday. I’m feeling almost back to normal today, but we didn’t want to take any chances, since about one third on COVID-19 cases begin with stomach issues. I missed our little group. But we had a nice surprise this afternoon. Ricky and Amber showed up, peeking through our bay window! We stood outside and visited quite a while. They also peeked at the work progress. It was so good to see them. Again, I had to hold myself back from hugging on them!
Well I was able to get through to the SSA Monday morning, so I (think I) have all of Daddy’s stuff handled…except for a final bill for his medications that I just got. It’s going to have to wait until I get back another refund. It’s surprising what all expenses have to be dealt with when someone passes!
I got quite a bit of knitting done last week and have sent out several packages of dishcloths. I still have a lot more to make! I had ordered a batch of new yarn at the beginning of quarantine, so I have plenty to keep me busy.
I also received the latest Lisa Wingate book last week…”The Book of Lost Friends”. I finished it today and will mail it back to my “big sister” in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Books tomorrow. I’ve really enjoyed participating in the “sisterhood” for the past several years. We get Lisa’s latest book to read and share our thoughts in the book margins. Then we send the book on to another sister until all of the group has finished it. So we not only get to read the book, but we get to know one another through reading the shared notes. This year was a little different. We only had a big, middle and little sister in each group, rather than the 10 or more that we had in previous years. I think I liked this way better. I loved the book (as always)! Lisa has a real talent for taking things from history and bringing them alive with her storytelling.
I also have Gracie’s birthday present to mail tomorrow. Her 2nd birthday (Zoom) party will be Friday. I can hardly believe that she is going to be two already! I miss that little sweetie (and her brothers) SO much! I’m really looking forward to being able to love on all of my grandkids again!
Dennis’ back continues to improve with his inversion table. He still walks crooked when he first gets up after sitting awhile. But he has been able to start back working on the house. He got the closet at the end of the hall boxed in and the door hung. He is busy knocking out the hall bathroom door now. He had to tear out my linen closet to do that. He hopes to get the new, wider door hung with in the next couple of days. Then he’ll make a new door for the other hall closet. It has had bi-louvered doors, which we both despise. They have been a pain since we moved in…coming off-track or getting jammed. He’ll be making the door frame smaller and just putting in a normal 2-ft door. I’m also having him redesign the shelves to make room for storing my vacuum cleaner. I love being able to build things (or have Dennis build them!) to accommodate my needs, rather than having to have standard shelving. Once all of the hallway doors are hung, we can finish drywalling the rest of the living room and all of the hall at one time.
Well, that’s what is going on in our “sheltering in place”. How are all of you keeping yourselves busy? Stay safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment